Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stream Live TVUPLAYER to your PSP

tiger2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

**Tigers TVUPlayer PSP Streaming Guide**

Adapted from bebeboouk2006 and Phunky (Thanks guys)
    Changes from bebeboouk2006 and Phunky edition:
    1. Updated to latest TVUPlayer2.3.2beta19
    2. Coding in pmp.ini file already saved in PMPVLC009_JockyW
    3. Sout code change to fps=25 for higher res

This should be very easy if you follow all the steps and is 100% safe as it is homebrew
    without flashing. Make sure you comment on this package/guide as a lot of time and
    effort has gone into making this user friendly for you noobz!!

DOWNLOAD THE FILES FROM:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/o1zxey

1. The first step is to ensure your PSP has a working connection to your Router/Modem to
    allow internet access.

2. Now uninstall any versions of VLC player you have on your computer along with all the
    prefrences and cache (if this option is available)

3. After you have uninstalled, Install the new vlc player (vlc-0.8.5-psp-x264-win32.exe)
    (MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW IT TO CREATE A DESKTOP SHORTCUT). After it has installed open it up
    and make sure it works.

4. Now install tvuplayer (TVUPlayer2.3.2beta19). After it has installed open it up and
    select a channel to see if it works okay, (try fox channel as this always has a strong
    signal)

5. Now that vlc and tvuplayer should be installed and working properly RESTART YOUR PC!

6. Now we need to find your Internal IP address. To do this click on RUN in widnows from
    the Start menu and type in cmd followed by enter then dos will come up and then type in
    ipconfig followed by enter and write down the IP address that appears E.G 192.149.0.5 now
    close dos

7. Now go to the folder PMPVLC009_JockyW and open the pmp.ini file in notepad. You will see
    several lines of code. look for these 3 lines of code:
    vlc_server = 192.XXX.X.X;
    pmp_server = 192.XXX.X.X;
    liveserver = 192.XXX.X.X;

Once you have spotted them change the XXX.X.X in the code to your IP address that you made
    a note of earlier. so in the example of the ip address above it would read:

vlc_server = 192.149.0.5;
    pmp_server = 192.149.0.5;
    liveserver = 192.149.0.5;

make sure you just delete the X's and replace with numbers dont add additonal spaces etc.
    Then SAVE the file and close

8. Now connect your psp to your computer and transfer the folders PMPVLC009_JockyW
    (with the modified pmp.ini file) and PMPVLC009_JockyW% folder to your homebrew folder.
    For 1.5 psp's i think you put it in the GAME folder. If running 3.03 OE a/b/c like me put
    the folders in the GAME150 folder. (Take this opportunity to thank Dark Alex for all his
    hard work)

9. Now open tvuplayer and choose a channel you want to stream. make sure when u select
    your channel it plays on screen.

10. Now Open up vlc player at the same time. click on File>> Open network stream>>
    click the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS dot then in the URL box type in your IP address as you used
    earlier e.g 192.149.0.5 followed by a colon and 8901 so it looks like this >> 192.149.0.5:8901
    (8901 is the tvuplayer default port)

11. Then go to advanced options area underneath and click on the stream/save box and
    then click on settings. Now copy the following code in the target box but replace the
    192.XXX.X.X with your ip address as you did with the pmp.ini file but leave the :1234 alone

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=400,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:du plicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.XXX.X.X:1234}}

12. Now click ok and ok again and now vlc should be streaming tvuplayer.

13. Now switch on your psp and turn on your wifi switch and go to the game menu
    and press x on pmp vlc player 0.0.9 by jockyw (note if u have trouble starting in
    OE- a/b/c set the homebrew kernel to 1.5 via recovery mode) Now u should be at the main screen,
    press the right trigger, this connects the psp to your router, it should then say at
    the botom in green network on. Then press select then scroll down to live stream and hit Circle
    after a few glitches you should now have tvuplayer streaming to your psp !!
    ( press square to return to the main menu)

***********************************************************************************
    (this method can be used to play videos from your pc using the same method just copy and paste the
    :sout code in the settings)

**note if your pmp vlc player stops streaming check your Internal IP address via ipconfig as your ip
    may periodically change meaning all the places you put your ip address will need to be changed**

Cyberdad is offline -Hacks Neophyte

G'day ppl, Would someone know if a router's firewall may affect "vcl's" connection to the psp. I ask this because this tutorial has worked smoothly, up until the last point where I select live stream. It returns an error -: "http://192.168.0.---:1234/: Error while opening files" after quickly flashing the word loading. I've opened port 1234, I've set homebrew kernel to 1.5, I know I'm close but just can't get it over the finish line. Any help would be appreciated and thanking you in advance.
    2 Teenage boys = 2 PSP\'S
    16yo Black Psp 1.50>>>2.00>>>1.50>>>3.03oe-c
    14yo White Psp TA-082 2.50>>>2.71>>>1.50>>>3.03oe-c

Cyberdad is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Over the finish line !!! 1st thing, to answer my own question, routers and firewalls don't interfere with the vlc media player streaming.
    Next I will describe in detail the settings that have worked for me. Steps 1 - 9 above worked beautifully, its at step 10 where my variation begins.
    Step 10 begins.... "Open up vlc player at the same time. click on File>> Open network stream>>
    click the....". I instead of clicking the http box, I selected FILE TAB and selected BROWSE Button and located TVUPLAYER.EXE and double clicked it. Then go to advanced options area underneath and click on the stream/save box and
    then click on settings. Now copy the following code in the target box but replace the
    192.XXX.X.X with your ip address as you did with the pmp.ini file but leave the :1234 alone

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=400,width=360,height=272,fps=25,acodec=mp3,ab=48,channels=2}:du plicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=ogg,url=192.XXX.X.X:1234}}

Then click OK to exit STREAM OUTPUT PAGE.
    Then hit the Network tab, Now click the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS dot then in the URL box type in your IP address as you used
    earlier followed by a colon and 8901 so it looks like this >> 192.149.0.5:8901
    Then hit ok. Go onto step 13 and you should be sweet !!!!
    If you have trouble after following the above tut try substituting my post with step steps 10,11 and 12
    Hope this helps someone out.
    2 Teenage boys = 2 PSP\'S
    16yo Black Psp 1.50>>>2.00>>>1.50>>>3.03oe-c
    14yo White Psp TA-082 2.50>>>2.71>>>1.50>>>3.03oe-c

g0dfather1 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

the files arent there in sendspace dude

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by g0dfather1
    the files arent there in sendspace dude
    thread = 6 months old..

oh damn i searched for this my bad

Quote Originally Posted by g0dfather1
    oh damn i searched for this my bad
    NP i know what was in that package leme try and get it for you.

tiger2 is offline -Hacks Newbie

This was my theard lol... do u need the files again?... ill find them and post again :mrgreenthumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by tiger2
    This was my theard lol... do u need the files again?... ill find them and post again :mrgreenthumbsup:
    OH SHIT U CAME BACK!
    Reupload please.

nah i found on a dif website i first downloaded from this web but i got the wrong thing and i googled and i got em and im currently looking for my ip adresss, does it work when you go to network settings and test settings and then it gives you your ip adress is that ip adress right

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast