Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if everyone used ISO's???

213SICE is offline -Hacks Smarty

What do you think would happen if EVERYONE used .iso back ups?? Will the PSP eventually get killed?? I think if everyone figures out they can downgrade then the PSP will eventually die out. Game companies will stop making games and BAM! No more games to download... excluding psx and what not

discuss..

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

If everyone started using ISOs, the system would die. No games would be made.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

hmm...i shall ponder this many a' day

i think psp's would be become expensive.
    i think sony would do something about it, i have no idea what though. maybe regulate ISO's? i dunno
    UMD's would be plentiful

topherkey is offline -Hacks Smarty

Game developers lose money, and are unable to fund games by themselves. Hence, more ads in games. As if there aren't enough in them already. Either that, or they will just stop publishing material for the PSP. I think that it is important to support the market, but not to waste your money. I will try an ISO, and purchase the game if it is to my liking. If I don't like it, I will delete it and forget that the game even existed.

Still, have fun with what is out there and do what is to your liking. I refuse to reject the 'archiving' of data, and I think that it is important. Just look at PC emulation, and how long it's been around. The way I see it, as long as there is communication, there will be the sharing of information, copywrited or not. It's bound to happen.

Also, with the advent of new ways to send information it will become a trend that will grow in leaps, and bounds. Just look what happened with the internet. The spread of information in modern society will continue to grow.
    This is how I feel when I customize stuff, and work with my flash.

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Sony would have to cheapen their games, price jack the psp. Make a new system?

Police raids?
    Fake Iso's?

I dunno, if we all had them some idiot would goof the system

topherkey is offline -Hacks Smarty

As far as fake ISO files, there are plenty of them out there. I've come across several of them in my 'adventures'. Sony shouldn't be charging out the ass for games in the first place, but that's consumerism for you.
    This is how I feel when I customize stuff, and work with my flash.

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Zero
    If everyone started using ISOs, the system would die. No games would be made.
    2nd that lol why would everyone do that i no lols that are still using umds

CPreston is offline -Hacks Neophyte

If everyone started using .ISOs? SONY would drop PSP development and spend the money on lawsuits instead. They'd make more money that way (since they are not exactly going to loose against a small-time software pirate in court), and they'd make an example out of people. However, it's a ridiculous notion. Piracy hardly hurts systems at all, when you look at things in perspective. First off, most people don't even know about it, don't know enough about PCs to manage it, and are too stupid to pull it off successfully anyway. Ie. Installing custom firmware. I mean, to use torrents most have to forward ports on their routers. And, lets face it, how many people even know their router has a setup program flashed to it, accessible through an IP address? Or of such a thing as Telnet. Heck, how many people you know could tell you what IP did indeed stand for, or knew what a "port" was? Not many, I'll bet.

EDIT 1: Fantastic. First time using Firefox 2, and it double posts on me, even though I clicked the link ONCE and the button is greyed out anyway to prevent a double post. Hell, the only reason I'm using such a security hole-riddled, unreliable and incomplete browser (I mean, whoever heard of needing addons to even make functionality acceptable; look at Opera! It does everything you want, straight out the box. Plus, they thought up tab browsing first, it uses all 3 major net viewing engines, and its been proven to be the fastest browser out there. Ugh. Shame they didn't let me customise the toolbars, heh) such as Firefox is 'cause I can get multi-lined tabs, and can customize their width. That and I can cram my toolbars into three tiny lines, and get the functionality of, say, the useful bits of six toolbars. K. Rant over.

EDIT 2:
    Ok, this is wierd. Firefox is updating BOTH posts as if they were one. K, that is odd.
    \"Morality is only fear masquerading as honour.\"

^Sion Eltnam Atlasia; Melty Blood character.^
    Random note: The Crazy Clover Club are... sick?

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

well delete one lol

CPreston is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by chinz
    well delete one lol
    I'm not a moderator, nor do I believe these boards allow one to delete one's own messages. Correct me if I am wrong on that last point.
    \"Morality is only fear masquerading as honour.\"

^Sion Eltnam Atlasia; Melty Blood character.^
    Random note: The Crazy Clover Club are... sick?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast