Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew idea. Shame it probably wouldn't happen. - GuitarProPSP

Lashe is offline -Hacks Smarty

>_< it would fucking rock. For anyone who plays guitar on here they probably know what guitar pro is. It's a program that incorporates Guitar Music/Tablature as well as Midi Sequencing, so you basically play along with a backing track as the program outputs the sheet music/tab onto the screen.

It would be an awesome program to run via PSP. I just don't have the experience or I would try myself.

Would anyone with a good knowledge of coding even consider trying this out?

[EDIT] Can an admin please move this to homebrew? I got confused with the tabbed browsing and forgot which forum i was in. Too late at night for this crap.

LordOfTheStrings is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It's not a bad idea, but I wouldn't use it. Personally, I like sitting at my computer desk with my guitar while using Guitar Pro to transcribe my compositions. I prefer using my computer keyboard's number keys for drum programming, and I always send my gp4 files to bandmates and friends to show them my music. Other people might enjoy it, but I've grown so accustomed to Guitar Pro's computer interface that using it on a PSP would just be a moot pain in the ass for me.
    DON\'T BUY MEMORY STICKS FROM EBAY! IF YOU DO, YOU ARE AN IMBECILE!!!
    II Ω The End Begins - March 13th, 2007 Ω II

Hmm Yeah. From that point of view it would be. But I teach guitar like 5 or 6 times a week. Last week one of the kids was like 'I can't make it can, you come and teach at my place?" And I use Guitar Pro for everything. Like, prints for scales and chord diagrams, not to mention the sheet music.

Plus it would be a lot more cost effective/convenient to use instead of printing lol. I'm pretty sure the PSP's screen would be a sufficient size.

pspandrew2007 is offline -Hacks Smarty

yea that would be pretty cool
    There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

LordOfTheStrings is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Lashe
    Hmm Yeah. From that point of view it would be. But I teach guitar like 5 or 6 times a week. Last week one of the kids was like 'I can't make it can, you come and teach at my place?" And I use Guitar Pro for everything. Like, prints for scales and chord diagrams, not to mention the sheet music.

Plus it would be a lot more cost effective/convenient to use instead of printing lol. I'm pretty sure the PSP's screen would be a sufficient size.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. If you're teaching them to play songs, scales, and chords, you should always provide a paper copy of the lesson for them to practice. If they don't have a PSP, how are they going to remember the lesson? I do the same thing for my pupils; if they can't make a lesson I drive over to their place with a printed copy of their lesson. Then, after they learn it, I leave the paper with them for them to practice. If you go to someone's house to teach them something on your PSP, and they forget it, how are they going to relearn it?
    DON\'T BUY MEMORY STICKS FROM EBAY! IF YOU DO, YOU ARE AN IMBECILE!!!
    II Ω The End Begins - March 13th, 2007 Ω II

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

ya sounds good

ANY LIKE TO MAKE THIS

some may hear this lol

cooool

brk3 is offline -Hacks Member

i like this idea alot! I may try start coding this when I have some spare time

trivium is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do A Guitar Pro And Powertabs Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheStrings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashe

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. If you're teaching them to play songs, scales, and chords, you should always provide a paper copy of the lesson for them to practice. If they don't have a PSP, how are they going to remember the lesson? I do the same thing for my pupils; if they can't make a lesson I drive over to their place with a printed copy of their lesson. Then, after they learn it, I leave the paper with them for them to practice. If you go to someone's house to teach them something on your PSP, and they forget it, how are they going to relearn it?
    At short notice and a lack of ink in the cart. I just mean it would be good to use as a backup resource.

I don't mean to replace hard copies with it. I just mean it would be a good resource to keep on the move.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I suggested this in the Homebrew section to no avail. I dont know why the respnse is different here...
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=69158

I agree with the idea completly though.

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast