Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Sony really even give a shit about hacking and "the psp scene"???

WitchKingPSP is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I mean comon seriosly, u guys dont actually think that sony is spending thoousands of man hours and even more money just to try and beat the... wat was it? something like 10 PERCENT of ppl using using psp's for hacking?? Ppl say, u know sony only released 3.10 because of the 3.03 downgraders... i think thats bullshit... Have u ever thought that sony want to make IMPROVEMENTS to there system and THATS y they release new firmware??? I cant stand ppl who think there actually "pwning" sony... Sony doesnt give a shit about the 10 percent... They give a shit about the 90% who dont hack...

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

(Judges 15:14-16, KJV.)

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

If they didn't care then they wouldn't keep patching holes. They only give new features to keep people from getting pissed having to update for every other new game they buy.

paulrulesPSP is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    If they didn't care then they wouldn't keep patching holes. They only give new features to keep people from getting pissed having to update for every other new game they buy.
    Seconded.
    2.00>2.5>2.71>1.5>HarleyG Semi-Brick>1.5>2.71SE-B\'\'>2.71SE-C>Semi-brick>2,71SE-C>Semi-brick>2.71SE-C>Semi-brick>(coninue the semi-brick pattern for about 27 times)>2.71SE-C

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by paulrulesPSP
    Seconded.
    3rd

Seconded.
    Thats rediculous logic IMO. Your suggestion that they only spend hundreds of hours of worktime and thousands of dollars to create new and better things for the psp...because they dont want to piss peple off when they update??

Read that and tell me if that still makes sense to you... I think right when they launched the system they intended to do all of things over time to keep up sales and compete.. Thats what marketing a system is all about.. Their not improving there hardware to keep ppl from hacking.. Dont u think they know by now that people like DARK ALEX will ALWAYS hack their firmware??

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

Teebor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yep the sentence still makes sense.

For them its a case of if everyone can hack their PSP and download games they will have to pay out lots and LOTS of money to all the developers who are going to loose out from all the lost revenue.

HOWEVER

If they are actively seen and can show that they are producing updates to try and prevent people from hacking the PSP then they do not have to cough up money to the developers for lost revenue. Which then leads to the argument that they throw in a handful of "improvements" to try and make it appear that it is something else to the end user. There are improvements that sony are intending to put in to the firmware at some point however their hand is being forced by new exploits being found all the time. (GTA exploit in recent firmware release)

Otherwise how do you explain what happened with 3.10??
    I finally updated my sig, can\'t thing of anything decent to put it in though

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WitchKingPSP
    Seconded.
    Thats rediculous logic IMO. Your suggestion that they only spend hundreds of hours of worktime and thousands of dollars to create new and better things for the psp...because they dont want to piss peple off when they update??

Read that and tell me if that still makes sense to you... I think right when they launched the system they intended to do all of things over time to keep up sales and compete.. Thats what marketing a system is all about.. Their not improving there hardware to keep ppl from hacking.. Dont u think they know by now that people like DARK ALEX will ALWAYS hack their firmware??
    It must make sense to me and 2 other who 2nd and 3rd what I said.. Look at the updates man, they only gave new features when downgraders were introduced for that firmware. They patch holes all the time with puny updates, but once a real exploit is found they are quick to jump tenths and give a new feature to get people to update before they come to a place like this and see what it can really do.

PSP user *Oh man volume stableizer?* I better update for this one. People don't get bothered by getting a new feature, but I know they get bothered by updating all the time for nothing.

LEE6370 is offline -Hacks Newbie

To be fair to 'WitchKing PSP' he's right to a degree, Sony don't give a shit about the 10% of people who hack, at the end of the day who much would you bunch of tight fisted pirating turds have spend on games anyway?

But Sony aren't going to sit back and watch people poke holes in it's firmware and not do anything, so of course they patch the firmware and make new release just to tighten security.

So you guys think that the developers are losing money when updates arent release?? Thats bullshit there not losing shit.. Because u have to look at demographics.. The average person that can afford to buy psp games all the time, probobly will no have any interest in hacking and exploiting.. But the avergae person ho CANNOT afford to buy psp games all the time, resorts to drastic measures i.e hacking so they can download and whatnot. Im not saying that every1 is like that, but the vat majority are. And if any1 can DISAGREE with that, it shows how unintellegent and uneducated you really are. So in the end, the devs might lose VERY VERY VERY little, but certainly not enough to complain to sony or scare sony into releasing new firmware. sorry

And the people who dont hack dont get bothered by upgrading... What does it take... 2 mins?? and they always get a new feature every time they do it??? Yea ur right thats really troublesome!!

LEE6370 is offline -Hacks Newbie

You're right, the fact is that 99% of people who downlaod games, wouldn't have bought it if they hadn't been able to get it for free. So even tho they have downloaded a game, the dev's haven't lost any sales.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast