Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [unconfirmed] GameCube on PSP [qj]

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

Checked qj main page see what new videos/screenshots/other useless info they posted.

Supposedly some guy has gamecube running on his psp.

Posted at QJ

Quote Originally Posted by QJ
    We got this tip from Ocean19 and he says that we better go look at the BlazeByte forums and search for this post by Obiwan22. So off to the forums we went, and what did we find? We found this video:
    Gamecube on PSP

Much like the YouTube commenters, we were very much annoyed that the creator of the video didn't bother to turn on the lights. Regardless, the bad lighting does not damage the potential "sweetness" of obiwan22's efforts. That is, of course, if this video isn't fake, as some of the YouTube commenters claim. But we're a welcoming bunch here at QJ, so we'll give obiwan22 a much deserved Neo-esque "whoa" for the sheer awesomeness of getting some GameCube on our PSPs.

If you're one of the non-believers (believe in candy mountain!), obiwan22 did promise in his thread post that he will provide a tutorial for his project in the near future. If you want to pester him about this project of his or if you want to argue with him about the authenticity of the video above, feel free to use our Read link below - it should lead to his personal site.

Awesome work obiwan22, we applaud your efforts. Now hurry up with the tutorial, ok? Before more folks scream fake.
    running faster than n64 emu. i say it's a load of bs. along with crap lights. probably a video playing. meh.

edit: and as for the part i italicized, make of it what you will. but we all know qj posts anything and everything.

Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

of cousre it's bull shit!

the GCN is much more powerful then the N64 and you must have a reallllly powerful computer (probably one that doesn't exist yet) to at least get reasonable FPS, a small weak machine (well maybe not that weak) can't handle it, considering it can barley handle N64.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

read the comments on you-tube, sherlock. the guy says all he did was use location-free player. the gamecube and controller is still just hooked to a TV.

Grindar is offline -Hacks Newbie

Technically, it would depend on how much hardware that has to be emulated. If the Gamecube and psp have very similar hardware setups as far as cpus and such, its theoretically possible, but I highly doubt they're close, especially considering the portable nature of the psp and the not so portable nature of the gamecube's size. My wager is million to one

Note: Notice the incredible lag between when he pushes the buttons, and when stuff happens in the menu? Considering rendering speed being pretty much full speed, the controls shouldn't be that slow.

Also the 64 has a quite different architecture from anything else, and it could almost do anything, leaving it really hard to emulate.

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

ah, never read the comments on youtube. only read what was posted on qj.

Quote Originally Posted by qj
    But we're a welcoming bunch here at QJ.

Awesome work obiwan22, we applaud your efforts. Now hurry up with the tutorial, ok? Before more folks scream fake.
    Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

So what's gonna happen?

Is he gonna tell them the truth, upload a fake file or just run away and never post the tutorial?

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

But its fake...hhhmmm

Huey is offline -Hacks Hacker

its phony and impossible

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

people, listen: HE NEVER SAID IT WAS REAL. THE GUY ACTUALLY ADMITTED THAT HE'S JUST USING LOCATION FREE TO SEND HIS TV's OUTPUT TO HIS PSP. IT'S NOT A FAKE BECAUSE HE NEVER SAID IT WAS REAL

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Like killaj said, he never said anything about it being a emulator on the PSP.

He's just using the PSP as a TV so to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast