Thread: New App Concept

truetroop is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yep, titles tells all.
    Recently I partially bricked my 1.50 PSP and was reading around on solutions and saw this was a VERY popular and common topic. Basically, what happened to mine (and countless others) is we corrupt our PSP flash0 with corrupt, useless or too many things and some that might counter each other. Its different tho because partial bricks can still read a UMB and from the mem card, just have a small error in thier flash0. My idea is quite simple and would be HUGE considering the amount of requests for a program such as this. Anyway the basic features and info are listed below.

1)Basically, it would first has to reformat the users flash0+1. It would delete everything in your flash and replace it with original basic files.
    2)It would need a copy of all the files found in flash0+1 in a normal PSP 1.50, and it would rewrite/delete everything on the users PSP and place the normal files.
    3)This would require 3 things: USB access to the mem card (doesnt matter if its an adapter) and a psp that still reads from the mem card.
    4)This means only users who's psp's mem light still lights can use this to fix the problem, and not full bricks whose mem lights dont go on.

More info can be found here (a similair process, but my idea is to make a program to do this):

http://my.qj.net/Success-How-to-Fix-.../pg/49/aid/192

Ideas? Questions?

shady545 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

this is already an app looking for link

i want two images

shady545 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58272

this link will tell you everything you need to maximize ur ps

the recovery is the "program" i was talking about but has to but used with custom FW

i want two images

truetroop is offline -Hacks Newbie

I know I could use recovery mode, but the thing is, I didn't have custum FW atm. So thats cancels that out. Also, my idea would help those who half bricked their with simple custum flash changes.
    Does anyone know is my idea is possible?

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

no - its not possible
    *insert signature here*

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

think of it this way. The psp trys to boot but the os is corrupt. so it is stuck at DOS mode. The psp's DOS mode sucks as it doesnt accept commands. U cant try and run a win32 program from dos anyway. SO in other words u A) have no way to run the program. B) since the xmb (win32 in the example) wont load no way to fix it. NOW the way recovery mode works is instead of booting into the xmb(win32) it boots into a different mode (kind of like a seperate os like having linux installed) this is why u r screwed.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2