Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Ginat PSP-Hacks FAQ

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

The Ginat PSP-Hacks FAQ (well it's not that ginat, but it'll grow bigger in time)

1.How do I downgrade my PSP?
    find the downgrader conresponing to your firmware version, and read the instructions on how to downgrade.
    you can't downgrade 3.10 and 3.11 by the way.
    Here's a good place to look if you're downgrading: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17935

2.My homebrew stopped working in 3.XX OE!?
    Put you homebrew in ms0:/PSP/GAME150

3.How do I play PS1 games?
    first upgrade to 3.XX OE (3.03 OE-C or above is recommended)
    then convert your ISOs to eboots (I use ZiNgA BuRgA's simple popstation GUI)
    then place your eboot in ms0:/PSP/GAME/what ever you want to name this folder
    Here's where you can get ZiNgABuRgA's GUI: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=60371

4.I bricked My PSP!?
    if your using 2.71 SE or 3.XX OE you can use the recovery.
    if your not, you best bets are the modchip (won't work on TA-082), buy a new mother board or get a new PSP.
    This is a guide on bricked PSPs: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=72067

5.How do I update to 3.XX OE?
    just use Calo's installer, it saves time for all of us
    Get the installer here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=58272

6.How do I play my ISOs?
    create a folder called ISO in the root of your memory stick and place all your ISOs there.
    then if you're using 3.XX OE or 2.71 SE, just lauch them from the memory stick under GAME in the XMB.
    if you're 1.50, lauch them, via devhook.

7.My ISOs won't work!
    make sure you have a GAME UMD in the UMD drive.
    if you don't have any GAME UMDs you can use, enable no UMD in the recovery mode.

8.Where can I get ISOs, ROMs, etc
    We can't give out illegal links, nor can you ask.

9.ISO's downloaded are like .r01 .r02 .r03 .r04 .r05. What do i do?
    Do you have winrar, if not get it, get it here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and install when asked which format do you want winrar to recognize untick iso box and it will install.

Now right click the first rar file from the bunch of them and choose extract .
    When finished and full iso will be there beside all the files rar files.

10.How do I play PS2 games on my PSP?
    You can't, don't ask it's annoying

11.Why should I go to 3.XX OE Firmware?
    Well, 3.XX OE has many features 1.5 can't offer. A major one is that you basically have Sony's official firmware with you. This lets you have all the features of Sony's official firmware, and it also means you dont need programs like Devhook to play UMD's on a higher firmware. These firmwares also allow for direct ISO loading, a usefull Recovery Menu to help prevent bricks, and direct ISO loading from the XMB! So what are you waiting for? Update!

12.What is the XMB I keep hearing about?
    The XMB is a abbrevation for Cross Media Bar. Its a way of saying the PSP's main menu. You know, the one with Game, Music, Photo etc.

13.Wait, Isnt Flashing danagerous?
    Well, Yes and No. Flashing (Otherwise known as "Writing to the Flash") can be dangerous depending on what youre doing. For example, installing custom firmware is about the safest type of flashing with hardly any margin for error! However, flashing a font that is damaged or unverified can lead to a brick. Most flashing of anything is pretty safe. The only things you need to worry about is if the file you are flashing is trusted and confirmed safe, and that you dont overwrite or delete anything you shouldnt. Your best off using a program such as X-Flash to help with your basic flashing needs, and install custom firmware for Recovery Menu. Better to be safe than sorry.

14. I Downloaded A DAX File. How Do I Use It?
    Best thing to do is download an iso converter from HERE and convert it to iso format.

15.My Demo's Don't Work! What Do I Do?
    Make sure they are in the GAME310 folder(change 310 to what ever OE Firmware you are running).

16.How do I flash a new Font/Gameboot?
    Flashing a font or a gameboot is really a simple process. First, you should check to make sure wherever youre getting the file from is a reliable source. If you can trust the source and are sure the file is working well (other people have verified it) then go on.
    If youre on any firmware below 3.03 OE-C, then I suggest using a program called X-Flash. Its a very safe flashing program that can do a lot of useful flashing mods for you.
    If you are on firmware 3.03 OE-C or above:
    1) Enter Recovery Menu, go to Advanced configuration, and toggle Flash0 ON
    2) For a gameboot, make sure you have enough room on your Flash, then paste the file named gameboot.pmf into X:/vsh/resource
    2b) For a font, just place all the ltn0/pgf file in the X:/font/ directory.
    Link for X-flash: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/975

17.What's a coldboot/Cintro? (C-Intro)
    These are little animations that play when your PSP boots up. A coldboot and C-Intro are basically the same thing. When you power on your PSP, there is a shor animation that has the Sony Computer Entertainment writing. A C-Intro will change this. It will play a different animation when you start up your PSP.
    There are many methods to installing these, so look around!

18.Can I downgrade my 3.03 without the unpatched GTA:LCS or anther UMD?
    No, the exploit takes advantage of a glitch in the unpatched GTA.
    So only the unpatched GTA:LCS UMD will work.

credits
    Calo - for giving me the idea of starting this
    greg - he created PSP hacks, do I need to say anymore?
    others - other people that were important but couldn't mention their names because there are so many of you.

Got anything to add?, post here

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Its not a bad idea, but we already have one of these gianrt FAQ thingies

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

ezza61 is offline -Hacks Member

Should be in the rules page so noobs can know some info before they post in the help section.

My PsP: TA-082 3.10 OE-A\'
    \"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun, you dont stare at it, its too risky, you get a sense of it then you look away!\" - Jerry Sienfeld

Calo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    Its not a bad idea, but we already have one of these gianrt FAQ thingies
    an old one we have.

Which could be updated instead of cluttering the tutorial section.

No offence

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

ISO's downloaded are like .r1 .r2 .r3 .r4 .r5. What do i do?

Do you have winrar, if not get it, get it here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and install when asked which format do you want winrar to recognize untick iso box and it will install.

Now right click the first rar file from the bunch of them and choose extract .
    When finished and full iso will be there beside all the files rar files.

Quote Originally Posted by Winehead
    Which could be updated instead of cluttering the tutorial section.

No offence
    this is heading to the help section once finished.

so come on and help.

Fine by me ;)

Why should I go to 3.XX OE Firmware?

Well, 3.XX OE has many features 1.5 can't offer. A major one is that you basically have Sony's official firmware with you. This lets you have all the features of Sony's official firmware, and it also means you dont need programs like Devhook to play UMD's on a higher firmware. These firmwares also allow for direct ISO loading, a usefull Recovery Menu to help prevent bricks, and direct ISO loading from the XMB! So what are you waiting for? Update!

What is the XMB I keep hearing about?

The XMB is a abbrevation for Cross Media Bar. Its a way of saying the PSP's main menu. You know, the one with Game, Music, Photo etc.

Ill link you it. I remember it being part of the Giant guide for everything

EDIT: WOW! I remember it being bigger, but it was just a small little section:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=39858
    Retract my first post :p

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast