Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell to the psp hacking community

peacefulchaos is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I don't know how many of you know me, but I've been a member of this board participating off and on for about a year or two now. I worked with xbaoxx hacking Ys back in the days of prx switching devhook x folder mods and have helped testing and configuring various homebrew apps, as well as teaching those that were new to the psp community on this site on others with whatever advice or help that I could.

This topic is my fond farewell to the psp community, both hacking and otherwise.

I got my psp about half a year after they first came out, 1.52 out of the box, and have been from there to 2.0 and back again. From devhook to dax custom firmware, from mph downgrader to firmware decrypting for updates and downgrades. I've always been more behind the scenes, doing what I can to help the psp community while posting as little as possible in recent months, what with my own game series coming out soon (you can check the website in my sig if you're interested in knowing more), I even went through the six hours of agony with everyone else that received a partial brick from Maniac's easy upgrader (the first and only time in my psp career that I've used an easy upgrader. I enjoy doing the decrypting and such for myself).

After approximately two years (or is it one? I'm bad with time >_<) I am leaving the psp community. I've had to sink hundreds, taking games and memory cards into account possibly nigh on a thousand, on my psp, and frankly I'm tired of repairing it. I'm an excellent mod who knows what he's doing, been building computers since I was a kid (eighteen now), but the cheapness of the parts in psp's, especially the earlier models, just makes it not worth my time and money anymore.

My screen broke, I had to pay $30-$50 for that. The backlight died, another $20-$30. The d-pad snapped, $15 for a new rubber bumper, $40 for a new set of buttons and matching faceplate. Every single button and part of that faceplate was made either incorrectly, or with waaaay too much plastic. Two weeks worth of ongoing repairs. Even with the new buttons, three stripped screws in the process of the changes. $20 for new ones, $40 total for the tool sets to do the job right.

Even with the new buttons, the d-pad due to being made in the wrong shape still didn't work. Two nights worth of work to do the d-pad mod myself (had never worked with a hot glue gun before). With that done, had to sand down the square button which was constantly getting stuck inside the system due to the massive amount of plastick. Finally, when I thought all was said and done, the R trigger starts getting stuck inside the system. I figure, that's odd, but hey, I'll take it apart and fix that.

6:05 pm today, the entire right half of my psp stops responding at all. The motherboard was not touched, it was not punctured, it has never come into contact with any foreign substance. I've only dropped my psp once, maybe twice in the entire time that I've had it (the broken screen I still have no idea how that happened. Nearest guess is that my friend rolled over on it during a sleepover, it was by his "bed"). I've always taken perfect care of it, and now, as of 6:32 pm today, it's simply no longer worth it to me. I don't have the time or the money to keep fixing it, and I can't afford a new one (you know how pricey college is), not that I'm persuaded to bother buying one again with all this one put me through.

I've got friends who have thrown theirs into walls, had a little sister drop it into a toilet and so on, and have absolutely no problems with it at all. One of my friends throws his down every time he loses a game (he's like, 14, 15) and has yet to have any problem aside from the analog getting jammed, which I repaired in approximately five minutes. I don't understand why I'm the only one that I know that has this problem, not that I'd wish it on anyone else, but at this point in time, it no longer matters to me.

With that said, there's a few members of the psp community I'd like to say goodbye to by name. First is Danny, the guy that got me into psp in the first place. He gave me my first downgrader. I'd like to say goodbye to xbaoxxe, we had some good times buddy. I'd like to say goodbye to Killaj, even though we rarely had nice things to say to one another. I'd like to say goodbye to Dark Alex, we never spoke much, but it goes without saying all that he's done for the psp hacking community. I'd also like to say thank you and goodbye to each and every member of this board, you all made my run with the psp a wonderful and fun filled ride. Thank you all, take care, and God bless.

-The user formally known as Peacefulchaos
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.freewebs.com/peacefulchaos - the official home of Juujigai: The Warrior's Crossroads

waldog is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Farewell man. Good luck.

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

LOL no one cares to read your farewell speech. Good bye and good luck but man. TOO LONG.
    -summary.
    His psp broke he fixes it
    It breaks again he fixes it (more money)
    It breaks again .....
    It breaks again
    He gives up.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Quite obviously if that's your remark, then the contents of this post really aren't meant for you now are they? Go do whatever it is that you do and have a nice day.

Im am doing what i do.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

being an arse online since you can't do it in person?

i do it in person to.

Click here

Aint that precious. Anyways, to those of you who aren't being an arse (btw, you spelled "too" wrong. lol, pwned by my girlfriend), I suppose my farewell may have been a bit too soon. My gf and I took another look at it and we managed to figure out and fix the problem. Sorry sony, I suppose you're not rid of me yet. Special thank you to Waldog for the friendly comment.

ogracer is offline -Hacks Smarty

holy shit..

im quitting the scene .. my psp keeps breaking

lmao. my girlfriend fixed it..

maybe i wont quit
    PSP Purchase date: 2nd Jan \'07
    [color=grey]m33 userpmp-mod user

ogracer, shove it. I've had to repair this thing more times than I can count, so here's an idea? Take yours, and shove it up your ringhole. And btw, learn to be literate, I fixed it. Wow, critisized by a guy that can't read, I'm so insulted. baka.

*EDIT*

Oh, and by the way, what, praytell, have you done for the psp scene? What was that? A resounding nothing? Wow.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast