Thread: should i buy this battery for my psp

PSP-4-LIFE is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hello i have been looking for a battery that lasts longer than my oem psp one so i was just looking around and i came across this battery that is 3.6 volts and 3600 mah now it says it lasts twice as long than the oem battery . so i am asking is it safe for my psp like i wont be too much power for it and do you think its worth it or are all the batteries pretty much the same . :)

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

There is a official PSP battery by Sony that lasts longer then the stock one.
    Datel i think also has one.
    But to answer your question, if it's made for the PSP, it won't hurt it.

minim(AL) is offline -Hacks Member

Well, but if the battery does not support a consistent power supply to the PSP, its not gonna be good to the hardware. I would say use it on your own risk. Anyways, Sony themselves have also sold faulty batteries that could burst into flames.

apathy07 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I picked up one of these and well, it's either defective or a crock of s h i t.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=72665

The ebay seller finally offered a replacement after 3 emails and threatening with negative feedback. But honestly it's not worth the shipping it would cost to send it back.

Blood_breaker is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i bought one of these at the px and it runs great adds on at least a 2 hour span onto my psp life plus having 2 batteries makes it great for those long nights, its made by sony and the only thing is really different is how many charge cells the battery has allowing it to last longer... IMO sony should have made it included with psp since TA-082....

"the devs saying "we are working on fixing this issue" well i'm working on having sex with Mandy Moore and Britney Spears
    at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen" ~Travisclees~

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

sony should just start making psps come with a gig stick, super long batteries and a solid gold faceplate

PSP-4-LIFE is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for all your suggestions and comments guys i was going to originally buy the battery because it was only $11.00 but it seems that they don't last very long and its a no name one . i already have a second battery its a max power so i guess i can just use that while the other one charges and save myself the $11.00 . :)

brandino is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch
    sony should just start making psps come with a gig stick, super long batteries and a solid gold faceplate
    And don't forget homebrew capability :):).
    PSP Life : 2.81 -> 3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-c -> 1.5 -> 3.10oe-a ->3.40oe-A -> 3.52m33 -> 3.52m33-4 -> 3.71m33 -> 3.93m33-3 =)
    Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired.