Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My FIRST downgrading experience...

nooboob is offline -Hacks Smarty

Hello all. First, I'd like to thank Dark_Alex and whoever else was involved in the development of the 2.6 -> 1.5 software. Major props for your hard work guys!

Well, after searching online, I stumbled across a beat-up version 2.6 PSP w/ a copy of 2.0 GTA:LCS and the bare-bone essentials (case, 32mb card, etc) for a price of $120. The PSP wasn't pretty, but hey, it worked!

After studying the "HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE" topic in the "TUTORIALS" section of the forums, I then proceeded to study it some more.

and more.

and more.

and more.

I was always afraid of bricking this thing, and taking a quick glance at my bank account, I was not going to let this thing fail. The followed the steps, checked out my PSP if it was TA-82, checked to see again if GTA was 2.0, and then started the sucker up.

"FAILED TO READ DISC"

MOTHER OF *****ING GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHIIIII***!!!!!! WTHFHFHFH!?!

in a monotone robotic voice, "the screen should read that it had failed to read disc"

WHEW!~~~~

Well, after sweating bawls, it's finally done. Lovely 1.5~

But now, I'm confused. What am I supposed to do now?

I'd like to play some of the more recent games, MGS:POps, along with some emulated games: Street Fighter Puzzle Fighter 2, Final Fantasy 7, etc.... But I understand that I MUST upgrade to version 3.+ in order to play some of the newer game AND beyond.

Must I compromise? Someone please shine the light to freedom.

( I forgot to mention I always get this message: ": to start, you must update the system software" whenever I boot the PSP up... Is there a way how to get rid of that?)

Again, thanks for everything guys.

faffyface is offline -Hacks Smarty

Upgrade to 3.10 OE Custom Firmware. IT allows you to run hombrew and launch ISOs from the XMB. I believe their is an all in one installer that does it all for you. Very simple.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1049

ogracer is offline -Hacks Smarty

Street Fighter Puzzle Fighter 2

this game is out for PSP. Capcom Puzzle Classics ...or something

its brilliant
    PSP Purchase date: 2nd Jan \'07
    [color=grey]m33 userpmp-mod user

eric112490 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nooboob
    But now, I'm confused. What am I supposed to do now?
    lol

PSP= 1 gig, 3.03 oe-c fw, joytech armorlite case,
    don\'t click this link The Best Site EVER!
    RECOVERY folder

3.10 Open Edition??? I thought we were "officialy" at 3.02... is 3.10 safe? So many questions....

{Lon3} Assassin is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by nooboob
    3.10 Open Edition??? I thought we were "officialy" at 3.02... is 3.10 safe? So many questions....
    3.02 is safe for cintro. 3.03 is the last moddable version. 3.10 is safe but not modifiable.
    PSX Wishlist: Tomb raider, Destruction derby, Command and conquer, Metal gear solid, Mortal combat, Siphon filter, Vagrient story, Final fantasy, Resident evil, Tenchu, Rollcage, Chrono Cross, Broken sword, mission impossible, g police, simcity

"3.03 is the last moddable version".

what do you "mod" in version 3.03?

and what is "cintro" in version 3.02?

Stallone is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=72805 - download 3.10 OE-A Easy way

- 3.10 OE-A Custom firmware. It allows you to play games at that firmware (3.11 is latest firmware, but is not needed by ANY game) and dont worry about what he said about modifiable.

Open edition is a firmware created by Dark_Alex ok, he basically made something which allows u to play homebrew and have sony's firmware at the same time. So its like a firmware by sony but it lets u play homebrew. PM me if u need assistance.

Stallone is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

U can mod alot in 3.10, volume bars, waves, battery bars, some icons, uhh custom backgrounds, Cintro (a custom video when ur psp starts up) and gameboots (video when game starts)

downloading your folder now Stallone... Ill keep you posted as this thing goes.

When you say "copy the 2 folders into your PSP "GAME" folder, do you literally mean My Computer>PSP>GAME ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast