Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using Your PSP While Walking Could get You Fined

fimmy is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

In another case of “you couldn’t make it up”, it looks like New Yorkers who like to use their mobile gadgets while out and about could get fined if they try and cross a road while using the device.

This has come about due to a number of accidents involving commuters not concentrating on their surroundings and more on the game they are playing, the music they are listening to, or the email they are trying to send.

New York State Senator Carl Kruger told Reuters that three pedestrians in the
    Brooklyn district have been killed since September by traffic after stepping
    into a road while using an electronic device that distracted them from looking
    where they were going. In one case, a device prevented someone from hearing
    warnings from other pedestrians to “watch out!”

Kruger commented, “What’s happening is when they’re tuning into their iPod or
    BlackBerry or cell phone or video game, they’re walking into speeding buses and
    moving automobiles. It’s becoming a nationwide problem.”

While I can understand that concentrating on your mobile device may distract you from your surroundings, I can’t believe anyone actually walks around and plays on a PSP or any other gaming device, especially somewhere as busy as New York. It would surely become incredibly annoying walking into people all the time, and getting distracted and possibly missing that vital slam dunk on NBA’07.

The legislation will be introduced today to ban the use of electronic gadgets,
    including portable game machines, BlackBerrys, mobile phones, and iPods, while
    crossing the road. Those who ignore the ban could face a fine of $100.

I would have thought this whole subject would have been covered under the ‘common sense’ principle, in that if you are crossing the road, it pays to take a look and see whats coming first.
    http://www.pspculture.co.uk/using-yo...get-you-fined/

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

I heard something like this a while ago... The talks about it.
    So they are enforcing it now huh..

Michael Ataman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Total BS no one is going to actively enforce it unless that patrol officer is a total dick who has his own balls stuck in his ass.

PSN - YokoXIII XBL - NakedGray

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

We need to stop making laws to protect stupid people. WE NEED TO CLEAN UP THE GENE POOL. (less noobs)

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spacepig101
    We need to stop making laws to protect stupid people. WE NEED TO CLEAN UP THE GENE POOL. (less noobs)
    although i'm all for taking out 1/3 of the world population i don't want some little kid painted all over the hood of my car.
    people need to pay attention while their walking down the street.
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Exira
    although i'm all for taking out 1/3 of the world population i don't want some little kid painted all over the hood of my car.
    Dude all the PSP dudes (for the most part excluding teh n00bs) are good at multitasking.

Exira is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by yoko_kyuubi
    Dude all the PSP dudes (for the most part excluding teh n00bs) are good at multitasking.
    i disagree. i see kids playing a game or staring at their ipod j-walk without looking all the time.
    This law needs to be passed. Not only to prevent idiots from harming themselves but it also is a step for drivers rights.
    if some little tard walked out in front of my car even if i was nowhere near a cross walk i'd be in the wrong.
    If that same kid was spaced out watching a psp or other device i wouldn't be liable for hitting him if he careened into traffic.
    Oh come let us adore him, betray, and then ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by yoko_kyuubi
    i disagree. i see kids playing a game or staring at their ipod j-walk without looking all the time.
    This law needs to be passed. Not only to prevent idiots from harming themselves but it also is a step for drivers rights.
    if some little tard walked out in front of my car even if i was nowhere near a cross walk i'd be in the wrong.
    If that same kid was spaced out watching a psp or other device i wouldn't be liable for hitting him if he careened into traffic.
    Well as I've said excluding teh n00bs.
    I walk while playing all the time but I always keep a lookout for oncoming traffic or bikes/people.

SXForce is offline -Hacks Guru

They just need money :P
    Soon they will ask money if you talk, or for using the air.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Darwin awards man. Cleaning the gene pool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast