Thread: hard drive on psp

MDP
    MDP is offline -Hacks Neophyte

okay, my big question is WHY DIDN'T SONY JUST PUT IN A 20 GIG HARDDRIVE IN THE PSP? Ipod's harddrives are from Toshiba I believe and are very tiny, just look at how thin the new video pods are, the harddrives are prob half of the whole unit so the drives prob 1/4 of a centimetre wide. Why didn't sony just incorporate these harddrives infront of the umd drive so you couldn't see it and it didn't interfere with anything else? Don't you all think it would have been much better if all psp's came with big harddrives like 20 gig or more? rather than just a 8 gig at most now mem stick? wouldn't you all prefer the psp be a little wider with a big harddrive rather than just a tiny stick? is there a mod out somewhere to be able to do this? like put a drive from an ipod in a psp?

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

1) The PSP was designed as a game device, not as a device where you stick tons of ISOs onto
    2) HDD requires more power
    3) HDD has moving parts - not as resistant to shock
    4) HDD does make the PSP larger - I think the PSP's big enough as it is
    5) HDDs run slower than the memory stick, but I doubt this was one of the reasons why it wasn't considered
    6) They make the cost of the base PSP unit higher

Anyways, I would like to have a HDD on the PSP, but unfortunately, it isn't possible. The best you can currently do is an OTG drive.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Flash memory is better anyways.

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Yeah. Unless you can get a 10,000 RPM HDD to fit in the PSP, then its basically pointless. As Zinga siad, Sony intended it to be a gaming device. The multimedia things are just nice features ;)

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

get a 8g card, thats big

Skv0ra is offline -Hacks Veteran

Get the SD adapter and 2x4GB + however many more you want. $10 a gig is a good price if you ask me and since you obviously don't care about the bulk, this is the way to go right now.
    << Blog, clicky ckicly!