Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back from the dead...PSP?

mickey_gelsinger is offline -Hacks Smarty

Ok guys, ive been thinking. Would it be possible to raise a bricked PSP from the dead(brick)? My psp recently bricked due to a fake downgrader but i figured if we could still use the memstick via a card reader or something we could write a program in LUA or whatever to get the psp to autorun a complete format of the psp's flash and reinstall version x.xx I dont know if its possible but its definately something to ponder. I think it could happen. You can get things to autorun in like windows or mac or something, why not PSP. There may still be a ray of hope in my PSP-less world.

Grunt_IV is offline -Hacks Newbie

But There Wouldnt Be Any Way For The PSP To Know To Launch Watevers On The MS If You Completely Wipe Flash

Isnt there a way the MS would be able to know where to put such and such a file on the PSP as long as the code is written on a working psp so it has a kind of like map/instructions?

ai3gtmc is offline -Hacks Neophyte

hmmm if u have a friend with UP then borrow it to unbrick ur psp then give it back to him

2.60->2.71->1.50->2.71SE-C->1.5->2.71SE-C then i broke my LCD im selling it now whit psp check here ---> http://www.psp-personalize.net/forum...pic.php?id=214
    www.psp-personalize.com

coldfire3362 is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by ai3gtmc
    hmmm if u have a friend with UP then borrow it to unbrick ur psp then give it back to him
    hmm I don't think that would work...

cr0bar is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Just buy a new PSP, or get a modchip. Your plan will fail as the PSP will be unable to execute said code in the first place.
    Ваше будущее умирает сегодня.

burrito is offline -Hacks Ninja

LUA is horrible and can't do that.
    Nobody cares about your PSP\'s firmware history.

Ok.... so it seems to be a no go on the MS but how about a usb connection? could you navigate what is left w/ a usb connection? i know its not in usb "mode" but it may be possible.....

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

NO NO NO. You cant unbrick it. AT LEAST YET. and no the usb doesnt have access to the flash. the serial port maybe but we dont know yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey_gelsinger
    Ok guys, ive been thinking. Would it be possible to raise a bricked PSP from the dead(brick)? My psp recently bricked due to a fake downgrader but i figured if we could still use the memstick via a card reader or something we could write a program in LUA or whatever to get the psp to autorun a complete format of the psp's flash and reinstall version x.xx I dont know if its possible but its definately something to ponder. I think it could happen. You can get things to autorun in like windows or mac or something, why not PSP. There may still be a ray of hope in my PSP-less world.
    also on mac or windows you have multiple devices that it can boot from. (cd drive, hard drive, floppy drive) on the psp there is only one THE FLASH0.
    Edit: you also win a one way trip to the nhof.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

how is that nhof? I was just trying to help all of us w/ bricked psp's due to some retard with a malicious attitude. Plus you said there may be a way so that is def not nhof. Could sony ever release a umd that unbricks ur psp? I doubt they ever would though. Do you know if anyone is working on the serial port thing yet??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast