Thread: My Miracle (Found new FW 2.71 PSP in store)

BluePoet is offline -Hacks Newbie

After sadly conceding that the analog pad on my TA-081 could never be fixed (yes, I replaced the entire mechanism, but the little connector between the stick and the mobo just wouldn't stay in place, causing it to pull down more and more), I decided that I had no choice but to abandon my old favorite PSP.

I bit the bullet and decided to see if I could track down a new PSP before they start shipping with 3.10 or above. First, I went to one of the local Gamestops (I live in Manhattan, so there are a few), and found a nice, used copy of GTA:LCS that my old PSP was able to confirm was unpatched. Then I went out and bought a new PSP. Strange, I thought, it has a K on the serial, the same as that TA-082 I bought my wife (yes, my wife actually has a PSP) that came with FW 2.71. I opened it up, powered on, and indeed it was loaded with 2.71. Thought all of those were gone, but had it downgraded and running OE in no time. I don't know if anyone else has had such luck, but I was so happy I had to come on here and share.

So, if anyone out there is in the NYC area and needs a new PSP capable of being made homebrew-ready, get them at the Circuit City at Union Square. Apparently they haven't received a new supply since May 2006.

P.S. - Once again, nice to work to those who cracked the TA-082 mobos, especially now that I have one of those infernal things.

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Congrats! :mrgreenthumbsup:

Scimpy666 is offline -Hacks Guru

Good find.

plasticmonkeys is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey BluePoet, do you think its too late to return that psp to circuit city,
    I mean if you're in the area of nyc, why didnt you stop by chinatown at elizabeth center on elizabeth st and canal street
    I got my psp and it also have fw2.71 and it was without tax
    but thats just me
    so 200 bucks with no tax brand new
    but congrats on your finding

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Nice find brother

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

now go return your old psp...and get your money back..
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

BluePoet is offline -Hacks Newbie

Not going to bother with the return (they threw in Twisted Metal for free as a bonus, so with that, really not worth the hassle), but good to know that the streets of NYC are still awash with quality merchandise (pun intended, as I am a criminal defense attorney).

doug104231 is offline -Hacks Newbie

grats i just found one also a k i geek-ed out and got it as soon as the bank opened i think i was lucky to find one since i like in a small town and walmart is the biggest store next to the dollar store lol and we are 4+ hours from any large city and i dont get my lisence for another 5 months and grats on your finding

Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran

nice job buddy i got mine for christmas and it was 2.71 but i downgraded and upgraded to oec and im now installing a mod chip :mrgreenthumbsup: