Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to unbrick a PSP with custom firmware 3.10 EO-A and 3.10 EO-A'

themanjake is offline -Hacks Newbie

So today i was messing around with XMB mods for PSP and my PSP bricked :(. Fortunatly i found a way to unbrick the PSP! :) This requires reflashing the PSP so it can brick again while trying to unbrick but im sure you can repeat the same process. Ok so when your bricked, your PSP will turn on but you will have a blank screen and it will turn off in about 5-10 seconds. In order to unbrick you will need to download a few things.

Dark_Alex 3.10 OE-A: http://dl.qj.net/Dark_Alex-s-3.10-OE...2536/catid/163
    1.50 Update Eboot: http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=163
    3.10 Update Eboot: http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.10-%...2460/catid/163

After getting these things, you will need to rename the 1.50 eboot to 150.PBP .You will need to rename the 3.10 eboot to 310.PBP .Put these two files into the oeupmaker folder that you got from the Dark_Alex 3.10 OE-A file. DO NOT ERASE THE EBOOT.PBP ALREADY IN THE FILE!!!! Rename oeupmaker to RECOVERY and rename oeupmaker% to RECOVERY%. Ok now your ready to begin. Start your PSP up but HOLD THE R TRIGGER BEFORE STARTING. This will bring you into recovery mode. Connect your PSP to your computer via USB cable. Then click the "Toggle USB" option on your PSP. Copy RECOVERY and RECOVERY% to the GAME folder of your PSP. NOT THE GAME150 OR GAME310 FILE!!!! Click "Toggle USB" again to turn off the USB connection. Scroll down to the "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and click on it. This is exactly like the 3.10 EO-A installation. Commense the creation of the file. When this is done (it will take about 5 minutes) click X to restart your PSP. YOUR PSP IS NOT UNBRICKED YET. Turn off your PSP fully and then go into recovery mode once again. Once again hit "Toggle USB" in the oeupmaker folder there should be a new file named "DATA.DXAR". Take this file and copy it into the 310oeflasher file that came with Dark_Alex 3.10 OE-A. Once this is finished Rename the 310oeflasher file to RECOVERY and rename the 310oeflasher% to RECOVERY%. Copy these two new files to the GAME folder on your PSP. AGAIN, NOT THE GAME150 OR GAME310 FILE!!!! Overwrite the existing files as you no longer need them. TAKE OUT ANY UMD IN THE DRIVE!!! Once this is finished hit "Toggle USB" again and scroll down to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" This will start up the 3.10 EO-A installation. Click X to accept the terms and commence the reflashing of your PSP. When this is finished it will turn off your PSP and you will need to manually restart your PSP "hold the power button up for 5 seconds). Power up your PSP and you are officially UNBRICKED! I hope this helps some of you that need a guide for unbricking a PSP. :)

Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran

make it easier go here http://www.sendspace.com/file/mm3kyz RECOVERY

that one looks like it will work for 3.03 EO-X but im not sure about 3.10 EO-A

u can still use it on 3.10 i did , but good guide man :mrgreenthumbsup: your no psp newbie to me

thanks dude. oh and for a warning to everyone also, if you have 3.10 EO-A and your looking at a cool XMB but it has a shitty readme, dont even try it. unless u wana use this guide...lol.

ya AND dont mess with the top menu plugin ok?

not even guna bother with XMB mods after that...they look cool but i was buggin when i first bricked, took me a whiel to figure all this out.

lol well atleast u did :mrgreenthumbsup:

yup. :) woot!

i was fraking out when i bricked but ppl on psphacks helped me :mrgreenthumbsup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast