Thread: New PSP?

PinoyKC is offline -Hacks Newbie

alright you guys, i'm gonna be getting a new psp sometime next week, but i'm kind of skeptical. i want to mod it and everything, but for some reason i keep on thinking that they won't have the versions low enough to be mod-able, ya know? i dunno. i guess it just depends on the store, but i still really want to mod. i almost feel like going to gamestop right now and checking which versions they have, but i can't get it until next week, so yeah.. anyways, on to the actual question -__- sorry you guys, i'm known for rambling and getting off topic really quick.. but yeah, my question is.. what are the actual possibilities of me getting a mod-able version?

thanks in advance, and sorry again for the rambling XD

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I bet you could find one in a store, before you buy it asks them what firmware it is and if they dont know ask if they can check.... if they be gay about it then try going to other stores and ask them the same.. you want any psp 3.03 and below :mrgreen: good luck

ZiŽan is offline -Hacks Member

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=15489
    Just go their it should help a lot :mrgreenthumbsup:

n3kuh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I thought they don't do the letter thing anymore. Either way I think Target has 2.71s usually and that's a good version to get. getting a 3.03 would require you to get an UNPATCHED version of GTA:LCS and I'm going to take a giant leap and assume you don't have it nor do you want to go through the trouble to get it. Just don't go to Best Buy because they upgrade to 3.11 in front of your face.
    Nice post.

yeah, i just read that post about the guy's brother's psp and how the best buy people tried to upgrade. that's horrible -_- alright, well i'll look into target. but i've got an unpatched version of LCS, actually. so as long as it's under 3.03, i'm assuming. i'd sure hope for a 2.71 though :lol: and what's this about them not doing the letter thing any more? i hope they didn't stop; it would make it much harder to weave out the good ones if they did :sigh:

Well it doesn't matter, I think as long as you are nice and you ask in a good manner they'll let you check the firmware or "test drive" the PSP. Doesn't have to be "I want to check the firmware please." It can just be, would you mind if I check it out before I buy it, just to ensure that everything works properly and so on."

On a side note: PinoyKC do you speak Tagalog or a different dialect?
    Nice post.

n3kuh: yes and no.. i only know a little bit of tagalog; i'm pretty much white washed -__- .. i just don't have the creativity to think of a cool name that doesn't have 'pinoy' or 'azn' in it :sigh: i still take my shoes off whenever i walk in the house though XD

Lol rofl, well I do the same things, most asian families have you take off your shoes before entering. It's a weird tradition. For your new PSP, I would suggest you buy it at Target or Wal-mart, their prices are pretty decent, but before you buy, you should know that retail stores are giving SONY an ultimatum: Lower the price of the PSP or we won't sell that product at all. So I'm not sure when this is going to happen but I think if you wait long enough, you will get a deal on the PSP. All I know is that when I got my PSP in Hong Kong, I got HOOKED up, It was funny because I got my PSP system for a total of 50$
    Nice post.

you've gotta be kidding me! i can get like 3 psp's right now if i was able to get mine for $50. talk about a lucky break man haha. i think i'll wait it out for a little bit to see if i can get it any lower than $200 :sigh: ah well, even if i don't get a modable version, i'm sure that someone'll find a way to downgrade 3.11 pretty soon. and besides, modable or not, it's still a psp.. i guess. :|

I dunno I strongly recommend that you get a mod-able one. And lol that's not even half of it, I got the PSP, 3 UMD games and they instantly showed me the hacking scene when I first got it. They installed Devhook which emulated 2.71(newest firmware out there I guess) and I've been in the hacking scene ever since I got my first PSP.
    Nice post.