Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gamestop

PinoyKC is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm looking in to getting a new PSP through Gamestop, but I'm not sure if it's a reliable source for modable versions or not, because the new PSP boxes are opened and the PSPs are taken out of the box. Oh, and one more thing while I'm at it.. What are the chances of a new PSP being any lower than 3.03 these days? I've heard that after every update that Sony has been through, they've been shipping out new PSPs with default firmwares that are fully updated (3.11, etc.) I just hope that it's not too late for me to buy one :|

King Ripper is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you can, try ebay as there are alot of already downgraded psp's going around on there so you will know exactly what you are getting!

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

There are still a ton of 3.03's on the shelves.

Shallow is offline -Hacks Member

Once they sell what they have they get more in, so if they havent sold all their 3.03's yet they wont be getting 3.11's. Im sure you could find something lower then 3.03 if you wanted but you might have to go used if you want to pick up something that you wont have to upgrade to 3.03 to downgrade. Just ask to see it before they wrap it up, if they say no then walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallow
    Once they sell what they have they get more in, so if they havent sold all their 3.03's yet they wont be getting 3.11's. Im sure you could find something lower then 3.03 if you wanted but you might have to go used if you want to pick up something that you wont have to upgrade to 3.03 to downgrade. Just ask to see it before they wrap it up, if they say no then walk away.
    That's good then, I was actually thinking about getting used so I could have it by next week. I'll have to look into that though, and plus, if there was anything wrong with it... (or if I end up bricking it) , I've got the week to return it, so no worries.. Hopefully. I'm just hoping that they don't pull a Best Buy and update a new one right in front of you :o

If they do say screw you and walk away. I got mine used from a gamestop way back with like a 2.6 FW on it. I knew which firmwares were downgradeable back then and picked through like 10 psp's looking at scratches/condition/dead pixels/fw. Im still happy with my purchase 2yrs later. The chick even through a free game in with the entire bonus pack that came with the launch psp, I think she wanted me :lol:.

Serosis is offline -Hacks Member

I think she wanted me :lol:.
    I think she wanted you to leave ;)

sorry bout that, i had to find a place for the kelso burn file :D

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Hahah niice. I'll ask if I can look through them next time then. There's this fiine girl that works there.. Whooo. Gamestop is definitely gonna be one of the first stops XD
    I'll try and ask them if I can look at em before I actually buy one. Should've thought of it before :lol:

Anyways, thanks man, you helped out a lot! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Serosis
    I think she wanted me :lol:.
    I think she wanted you to leave ;)
    http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5295/kelsoburnhv2.gif

sorry bout that, i had to find a place for the kelso burn file :D
    LOL, could be

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

I went to gamestop and they actually let me open them up and look at them. Unfortunatly the lowest one I found was a 2.82, so i had to get GTA from ebay, upgrade to 3.03, downgrade to 1.50, then upgrade to 3.10 OE-A.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast