Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PSP2 the Future? PSP scene is dieing down here. Where are we going?

wildmanjoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

I see people dreaming about the PSP2, from what I can see… everything that has been done\hacked on the PSP has been legal because the Software\Games are old or freeware. The PSP2 is the next step and with that, the only direction I can see for the PSP2 is illegal Software\Games being ripped to it. I am sure when people come out with emulators to run Xbox and PS2 games, there will be in invested interest to stop it. When a custom OS like Linux is created for the PSP2, that should be legal you would think but the question is… will it be legal? And how will this go underground? So, Dream Vs Reality, where is the PSP community going or going to go? From what I can see, the PSP scene is dieing down here. Where are we going?

2.60 -> 3.02 Oe -> 5.00 M33-3

yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i'm not going anywhere. in fact, im actually completely stationary at this point in my console life, playing videogames on my psp, like it was meant to be used.

as far as the future is concerned...i have thousands of games for over 10 systems all playable on my psp, plus any actual psp game i want. fuck the future. the shit is chillin right now.... if you're bored, buy a ds.

...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

O that was deep, I am sure you only see as far as... that hand that always slaps you in the face yanquiuxo so open your mind and see that... with new hardware the possibilities what the PSP2 can do and change the Scene here. Now I would love to have a Microsoft or Linux OS with a Portable keyboard with a built in wireless Air Card build into a PSP case for wireless Internet. Do you understand what that would mean?

yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanjoe
    O that was deep, I am sure you only see as far as... that hand that always slaps you in the face yanquiuxo so open your mind and see that... with new hardware the possibilities what the PSP2 can do and change the Scene here. Now I would love to have a Microsoft or Linux OS with a Portable keyboard with a built in wireless Air Card build into a PSP case for wireless Internet. Do you understand what that would mean?
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ark2307324.jpg
    dude my response was completely legit, i had no negativity intended towards you, and you come back at me like i was attemping to attack you or something. if i wanted to do that, i could just tell you to open your eyes and look at the SAME EXACT POST that was posted a few days ago and still has people ACTUALLY RESPONDING to it in this same section of forums.

yes i do realize there are a limitless amount of possibilities with new consoles, and that's always how it is going to be. i could stir up a giant list of unrealistic things at the moment that could be added on to a new portable playing console (oh wait, that's already been done here http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/view...p?id=79630&p=1 by Dilligaf, in the post i was referring to earlier.

but my point is that im completely happy with my psp atm, but if they decide to make another (WHICH THEY HAVEN'T), im totally down to see what it is all about and ill probably end up buying one.

thanks for being a dick

...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

eh well if there was a PSP2 released I'm sure it'd be homebrew-less completely until a modchip came out,etc which would be a pain in the ass.

The PSP scene ain't dying theres more stuff out now then ever before. I had the PSP for like 2 years and thats how its always been, a bunch of great releases comes out.. then a dead spot... more releases come out. Theres still alotta stuff left that could come out. The Dreamcast has been a dead system for years n people still make homebrew,etc for it.

I felt like I was being told off by the quote "fuck the future. the shit is chillin right now.... if you're bored, buy a ds" So with that disrespectful comment (witch comes from people that act like a dick), I guess the best course of action was to Ignore you. I apologize if I hurt your feelings…

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

Calm yourself

Jesus Christ PSP2 isn't even announced yet, its a PSP REDESIGN WITH SAME HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS, heck you might as well call for a PS4 right now as well and say "what are you gonna do when the PS3 is gonna be taken over by the PS4?"

Your obviously thinking of a "what if" scenario and thats cool if you're bored. And for you to think the homebrew scene is dying down is just complete bullshit. First, once you learned the tics and tacs of homebrew your not gonna ask that many questions. And for people who do, check the HELP section. Look how many threads are generated a day.

Do you expect a daily conference of all homebrewers?

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yanquiuxo
    i'm not going anywhere. in fact, im actually completely stationary at this point in my console life, playing videogames on my psp, like it was meant to be used.

as far as the future is concerned...i have thousands of games for over 10 systems all playable on my psp, plus any actual psp game i want. fuck the future. the shit is chillin right now.... if you're bored, buy a ds.
    true story. i have so many games on so many systems that i have played and never finish. final fantasy comes to mind when i have 3 different games saved at the last save point and i just need to go win but don't for some reason. i got inital d and socom on the way for my psp so i'm gonna be set for awhile. i still got FFXII and rogue galaxy to play so i don't have a need to look to the future. i'm happy with things the way they are now.
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

ix_stylez is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

well.. the psp1 isnt even done.. the psp2 might need more speed but i think there going to release mod chips that can do that.

3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-a -> 3.03oe-b -> 3.03oe-c -> 3.10oe-a -> 3.10oe-a\' -> 3.52 M33

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

a ps2 emulator for psp is impossible since they have different hardware architectures and the psp just doesnt have enough power to emulate it. but im gonna leave here a question i left on some other thread that had no debate: how far do u ppl think homebrew (actually i mean playing isos u didnt buy) is afecting the psp game market?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast