Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Liquid went into my home and volume keys

  
  1. #1
    Ev0lutionz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Will the thing spoil?


  2. #2
    Nacos's Avatar
    Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,173
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Pics plz.. and depends how much.

  3. #3
    a'fiy is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,307
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    dry it up :lol:
    Cintro Download

    ::[Mr Nice Guy a.k.a Hafiy ::]

  4. #4
    Games like a Grrl is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Your dreams... Rank: Forum Mom
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    What kind of liquid? I'm hoping you took the battery out right away. If not, do it now. If it's a liquid that will dry clean, like water, just let it sit for a couple of days (yes, days) to let it completely dry out. If it's something sticky, you're gonna have to take the faceplate off and wipe it down. Nothing with chemicals or solvents that close to the guts, I'd think, just a damp cloth, and only on the home row keys. Let it sit to dry, get com pressed air to clear all the dust, then replace the faceplate.

  5. #5
    Ev0lutionz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Hmm, just went into the home keys, on the lcd screen too, but not inside the batteries.

  6. #6
    Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    552
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    the point they were making about the batteries is that if there is power running through the psp and the liquid touches the wrong spot it can fry the psp..

    so leave the batteries out and no power cord....then try to turn it on to drain the rest of the power.....and that point you can clean it any way you want..

    If you use solvants then it will take no less than a week to dry and that's with you hittng it from every direction with a can of air evern day if not 2-3 times a day to get under every chip and soldering point.

    I have done this to a computer. I took it into the tub with mean green and washed the whole thing.... You just have to be 100000000% sure there is no water left under any chip or it will fry when you turn it back on...if not when you just put the batteries back in.
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

    PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

  7. #7
    SXForce is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ~The Netherlands~ Post/Day: X
    Posts
    1,704
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    If that ever happens to me I would take out the battery, and remove the front, then dry it up with some cloth. :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •