Thread: next big thing in psp software

baalpeteor is offline -Hacks Newbie

whatabout.. someone make a plugin.. or just a part of the firmware.. that passwords ur psp. so when u take it out of sleep.. or hard restart it.. it takes a password to get into it. with out it u can't press nothing or do nothing.. even removing the battery does nothing b/c the pass is always there once u set it.

Of course its nice to have a backdoor besides reflashing the firmware.. that would be perhaps holding the Seleft and L when u bootup to set the pass to nothing.. and u can set another pass in the system settings.. or just change it. This will, I think, help stop alot of stealing, once people know its passworded (but not that it has a backdoor!). that is normal people in life who dunno nothing about flashing or nothing about all this stuff u can do with it.. I mean whats the use in a psp that is passworded? and once the update icon is gone (the plugin to make it go away) you can't update it from umd either.. so ur screwed if u stole it ;p

spazbeast is offline -Hacks Member

There is one, I think its called SCEP or something like that. I use it to overclock/underclock, change my OE settings without rebooting and all that fancy stuff. My PSP is also passworded at boot, but not standby.

Currently without a PSP

PinoyKC is offline -Hacks Newbie

A password would be nice. Especially if you've got an annoying cousin who always messes with your stuff.. I don't have any siblings, but I'm sure it would work just the same with them too :D I'd like to have a situation where my cousin would take my PSP and try to turn it on, but find out that she needs a password.. I would just laugh:cool: Sounds like a good idea to me :mrgreenthumbsup: