Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WEP key cracker......hold on!

GTO_VR4 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Before you guys go crazy and call me noob n shit, lemme ask you guys something first.

Why isnt there any WEP key cracking tools for the PSP?

I mean, the whole thing that gets to me is that ill be going around town sniffing for hotspots and locating tons of em only to find them secured with WEP security. PSP is all about mobile media gaming and internet right? If i want to use the internet at my house, ill do it on my 16" piece of crap monitor NOT on my 3-4" PSP screen. Sure there are a couple places that offer free internet, but i dont like coffee. I want to be able to go to the mall WITH my girlfriend......yes i said girlfriend and let HER go shoe shopping while im in the court yard checking out the latest homebrew releases on psp-hacks.com on my psp. but i cant all because everybody decides to WEP there internet. so i come here and ask how come there isnt any wep key cracking tools, because i want one.

Dilligaf Guest

Every month, people ask for this, over and over again...

the reason why there isn't a WEP cracking tool for the PSP (I'm assuming you mean a homebrew application that cracks the key) is because the Wi-Fi chip in the PSP is not capable of cracking WEP keys. It just ain't strong enough.

End of Story.

GTO_VR4 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok that makes sense. thnx.

Bailey is offline -Hacks Newbie

Does it?

Sorry Dillifag, but help desk was able to make a mod wep cracker from scratch, and it had absolutely nothing on the psp, cpu and tech wise. It was made from a self contrsucted pba board, and a fucking "wire frame hanger" (can't remember cause it was 2 years ago an i smoke waaay too much pot to remember) you literatelypointed it at the wifi zone and would give you feed back.

These sort of answers u provide may be apt to the news posts, along with "this is gay" shite, but all it requires is a wep reverse key, not unlike the help desk shite, and that's where modding comes into it's own.

I would almost guarantee you there one has been developed, just not released. NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH MY FUCKING ARSE. If a chip can do something forwards, then uit can most def do something backwards, especially with the s/ware provided by the psp. Fucking cracker talk my friend.

Bails.

sshaw1982 is offline -Hacks Guru

Your both right/wrong, the PSP can do the WEP cracking and a WEP cracker has been developed (see the dev board over at QJ) the project was dropped though as the PSP takes days to decrypt the keys which is something that the developer couldn't improve upon.
    Maybe one day somebody will take the project on again, maybe not.
    It is possible to do but whether its feasible or not is a completely different kettle of fish
    *insert signature here*

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

Not only that but THERE IS A REASON THEY HAVE A WEP KEY ON THE WIFI. They dont want you using it.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

Quote Originally Posted by spacepig101
    Not only that but THERE IS A REASON THEY HAVE A WEP KEY ON THE WIFI. They dont want you using it.
    hahaha
    yes, there is that aswell
    *insert signature here*

sepreath is offline -Hacks Veteran

Even if you do crack the WEP what if they have other things like a MAC filter?

I don\'t give a crap about your firmware history

Quote Originally Posted by sepreath
    Then you have tried to crack the 1% of people who actually secure a wireless network properly
    tough i guess!!
    *insert signature here*

truncj is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sepreath
    Good point. The deal at my school is that they have WiFi with Mac Filtering so that only those freshies with school laptops can access the internet. I've been looking into that mac address changer, but I'm not sure if that will spoof the mac address and bypass the filter. I know that a friend would let me use their mac addy. Does anyone know for sure?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast