Thread: A good future prx plugin homebrew ideal?

omega_million is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I think that a good prx plugin for an oe firmware would be a plugin that could read a zip file containing a song. It would play it under music under normal conditions. Meaning more songs. Now I'm not a programmer, and if I was I would be workin on that right now, but I think that would be a good ideal.

lordnikon is offline -Hacks Neophyte

or you could just get a bigger memory stick. you can get a 2GB for $70 bucks at best buy.

-or-

you could waste a developer's time trying to make this prx. especially since decompressing on the fly and then playing the mp3(s) contained would eat up a lot of battery life and processing power. sorry. :(
    was a good idea though

you could also just use a lower bit rate on your songs, decreases the quality but lowers file size.
    i have a fat PSP.
    No, I will not post the damn firmware history.
    Hippy.

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

There should be a plugin that lowers the clock speed to minimal power thus saving battery life

This kinda thing isnt out right?

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon
    or you could just get a bigger memory stick. you can get a 2GB for $70 bucks at best buy.

-or-

you could waste a developer's time trying to make this prx. especially since decompressing on the fly and then playing the mp3(s) contained would eat up a lot of battery life and processing power. sorry. :(
    was a good idea though

you could also just use a lower bit rate on your songs, decreases the quality but lowers file size.
    Well I have a 512mb full of homebrew lol, and I'm broke *sigh*. Alright ya true oh well ATLEAT it was a good thought. Thanks see ya bro.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzee
    There should be a plugin that lowers the clock speed to minimal power thus saving battery life

This kinda thing isnt out right?
    That would make the psp lagy though I would think, but yup more battery. As long as I had more music time without a skip or something that would be cool. Oh well I think we is in da same boat HA! Well see you round bro.

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

I forgot to add....

low clock speed when playing music but when you exit/do something else clock speed is put back to normal

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

ix_stylez is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

or a prx can raise the clockspeed to 1000mhz and blowup ur psp =] that would be awshome...

but im thinking if sumone can make one that can stream iso's wirelessly like wut they did with the usb thing..

3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-a -> 3.03oe-b -> 3.03oe-c -> 3.10oe-a -> 3.10oe-a\' -> 3.52 M33

Jerzee I like that one, and ix_stylez would that actualy work. Cause that would be cool to give to a jackass that you hate who has a psp. Ha oh well. Ya I like that ideal Jerzee thats a good thought.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon

-or-

was a good idea though
    That should like never be allowed to be said here. Go buy better products! ahchree he!

anyways

Well irShell comes with a ZIP decompresser, you could zip your music, then unzip it when needed with irShell. that would be a pain in the ass tho.

and Jerzee, yeah, theres a prx plugin called mp3irms http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/970 . You can change the CPU speed by pressing Music+Triangle. Listening to music (w/out visuals) works fine on lowest clock setting (says its at 28 mhz)
    Good thought on the plugin