Thread: PSPCAP32 Information and Installation Guide

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

OK, i decided to be nice for all the noobs that don't understand what to do with the new release os PSPCAP32 v1.1.6! This guide will show the following:

How to install it on your psp

What it can do

What it is

and how to use it

I hope this help all that has questions about it!!!

The Basic Question(s), What The Hell Is PSPCAP32?

OK, PSPCAP32 is a CPC emulator for the PSP. PSPCAP32 is short for PSP Caprice 32 and it is in my opinion the best emulator of the Amstrad CPC home computer!

What Can It Do?

Hmm....I'm not to sure of that myself :lol:

How Do I Put It On My PSP

If you don't understand the Readme.txt that came with it, i feel sorry for you. That Readme.txt file was pretty self-explanatory! But, this is what you do from start to finish:

Once downloaded, you will see the following:

pspcap32-v1.1.6 and inside:

src - This will go on the root of your memory stick

fw2.x - This is for the 2.XX user. of course to use, you will need the eloader (i will not cover how to install it with the eloader because i have no idea how to do that!)

fw1.5 - This is what we are going to use in the installation because it holds all the files!

Another .RAR file for the keyboards

And ALOT of text files.

So, open the fw1.5 file and you will see:

__SCE__pspcap32

%__SCE__pspcap32

Both if these folders will go in the either the GAME or GAME150 folder depending on your PSP's firmware (for 1.50 users it will go in the GAME folder and for custom firmware users it goes in the GAME150 folder)

YOU ARE 80% DONE!!!

Now go back to the root and open the other .RAR file (keyboard-files.rar) you will see a shit load of files in there. So you may ask, what am i going to do with all of these???!!! And the answer is, extract each and everyone to the __SCE__pspcap32/kbd directory. It should look like this:
    MS0/PSP/GAME/__SCE__pspcap32/kbd for 1.50 users and MS0/PSP/GAME150/__SCE__pspcap32/kbd for custom firmware users.

It will eventually tell you that there is already named Default.kbd and ask to overwrite it. Just select "Yes" to that.

Congratulations!!! you have successfully installed PSPCAP32 to your PSP!!!

Running It

Run it like you would any homebrew app (if you don't know how, to bad because i won't tell you!) Now I'm sure you want to run the Symb-OS so you just do this EXACTLY:

First go to "settings" and change the RAM size from 128 to 576! and select "Save Settings" and "Back to Menu"

then go to "Load Disk" and select SYMBOS.DSK - It will take you back to the menu saying File Loaded!

Next go to " Back To CPC"

once there, push "start" and they keyboard will come up.

HOLD DOWN THE R BUTTON!!!! and type this exactly as it is!!!: RUN"SYM and push start again to make the keybaord go away.

Push Triangle and it will load the Symb-OS!

It will take a little while to load the background and all the Desktop icons. But there you have it, PSPCAP32 on your PSP with Symb-OS running!

Controlling The Damn Thing

Refer to the readme.txt file that came with the program!

Well, i hope this helped. If you want to know more, feel free to ask and i will try my best to answer your question!

:::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

yogesh is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey nice tut but i just wanna know how to link all those app like symplay video symAmp player etc etc...
    Original 1.5 --> 2.0 --> 1.5 --> 3.02OE A --> B --> 3.03OE A --> B --> 1.5 --> 3.02OE B --> 3.10OE A.

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

hmmmm.......the apps that come with it...........all i have been able to do was open the control panel! thats all!!! sorry dude, i cant help you there :(
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Dumpshock is offline -Hacks Newbie

To get the other Apps running, you have to download the Complete Package from the SymbOs website. www.symbos.de

Once you have that, load up the SymbOs.dsk file for the OS. Then you load up the App.dsk file for the other applications.

What I am interested in though is if PSPCap32 has the ability to have the Rom files modified. I want to set up SymbOs to run from ROM instead of the dsk file. Anyone know how to edit the Rom list so I can add SymbOs roms?

yogesh is offline -Hacks Newbie

I didnt find any option to load app.dsk after getting into OS, there is only desktop links in control panel but dont know how to link those app .exe ?
    Original 1.5 --> 2.0 --> 1.5 --> 3.02OE A --> B --> 3.03OE A --> B --> 1.5 --> 3.02OE B --> 3.10OE A.

Dumpshock is offline -Hacks Newbie

Okay, well what you do is, you know how you originally loaded the dsk file in the emulator menu?

Well what you do is, When SymbOS is completely loaded, ie. the desktop is loaded with all the icons, etc... what you do is you go back into the Emulator menu, and load up the application dsk file. Since SymbOs is already in memory, there isnt a need to have the disk in there unless you are going to use the control panel and such.

Simply, you are simulating like you are swapping out Floppy Disks.

What I want to figure out though is if PSPcap32 has ROM editing abilities. If it did, you could put the ROM files for SymbOS into the Rom folder, and just boot SymbOS without the dsk file, only needing the App dsk.