Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony and hackers.

Majin_Vegeta is offline -Hacks Neophyte

OK every time sony make a new FW loads of people say sony should quit and let the psp be hacked. Well just think about it is they did just quit updating and left it. the psp would be forgot and that isnt really a good thing is it!?... so isnt it a good thing that sony keep the war on hacking going? they make more new things to play with on the psp and hey we just hack it again and again. but if they did say 'ok lets quit..hackers win' we will all be at a loss..

\'My heart is pure and calm, but make no mistake it\'s pure evil!\'

PSP FW O_o 1.50 > 2.00 > 1.50 > 3.02 OE B

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

People just said stop the exploit patches. The firmware updates wouldn't stop :paranoid:

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Yup. Pwnd in a sentence

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Iguanahak is offline -Hacks Hacker

without hacking sony won't get better ideas based on the mods that are made by us. Also if we did stop updates would stil happend, but instead of security updates, they would be focusing on what people want (other than hombrews) more add-ons to the firmware, giving it more updates and giving it a reason to actually enjoy the psp the honest way, but not saying this is not fun... Sony will only update security most of time because of hackers, so they don't focus on adding more stuff that would make firmware more ENTERTAINING instead of SECURE.

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

every 2 sets of firmwares we'll get something small added on, nothing big (unless it's 2.00, 3.00, 4.00 etc)

n3kuh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Even if they did quit, I think the hackers would ask for the source and make it our own PSP entirely. Sony improves the PSP with some new functions to trick people into upgrading it "OMG wow look a new feature, let's update our 3.03 to 3.30!!!"
    Nice post.

ix_stylez is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

well if they didnt update anymore then they might just come out with a psp2 or sumthing and make it unhackable. then soon there going to make games for that and not for the psp anymore.

3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-a -> 3.03oe-b -> 3.03oe-c -> 3.10oe-a -> 3.10oe-a\' -> 3.52 M33

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Iguanahak
    without hacking sony won't get better ideas based on the mods that are made by us. Also if we did stop updates would stil happend, but instead of security updates, they would be focusing on what people want (other than hombrews) more add-ons to the firmware, giving it more updates and giving it a reason to actually enjoy the psp the honest way, but not saying this is not fun... Sony will only update security most of time because of hackers, so they don't focus on adding more stuff that would make firmware more ENTERTAINING instead of SECURE.
    Please give me evidence that Sony gets ideas from Homebrewers.

nekoakuma is offline -Hacks Hacker

doesn't the same rule apply to war?

technology advances greatly during times of war. [WWI, WWII, etc]

edit: and to whoever the user is above me, um, i read somewhere that rss came from homebrew.
    and.. if i'm not mistaken, equalisers were homebrew first, and i think the video now matches the resolution we have on cfw. correct me if i'm wrong.
    Launch PSP-1002 5.50 Prome-4 [Backup/Recovery PSP]
    Near-Launch PSP-1000 6.39ME-4 [Homebrew/iR controller]
    Near-Launch PSP-2002 5.50 Prome-4 [Games/Movies]

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

If sony was going to just let the psp go. Then all the software suppliers ie. game makers will stop making games for it because it would be pointless to make a game for a system that anybody can just copy the game and play it.

Sony has to keep fixing the exploits otherwise we have the same situation as above. Ya'll just don't think before you post do you....
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast