Thread: So who here has crapped their pants bricking their PSP? Share with us!

Reever is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

My story is I was on 3.03 OE-C, tried to flash the USBMOD thing without patching my MOBO like I was supposed to, OBVIOUS SEMI-BRICK. Luckily I recovered back down to 1.5, but when I updated back to 3.03 OE-C I got a semi-brick doing that too... now I was REALLY scared... I recovered safely to 1.5 AGAIN and then decided to make a new DATA.DXAR. Finally this worked and I was able to save my beautiful shiny blue PSP. :) but I nearly crapped my pants doing this. I prayed soooo hard that I wouldnt have a 200$ paperweight.

So now that I've shared my stupidity with you... Share yours with me

n3kuh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Mine was when I was a super noob to the whole 3.02OE or 3.03OE firmware, I was still using DevHook because that's the only thing I knew about ever since I first got my PSP. I was updating to 3.03OE-A and I ended up getting a semi-brick and I was like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I was still such a noob and knew very little about the Recovery Menu, luckily there are some helpful people in these forums.
    Nice post.

SanzioSan is offline -Hacks Veteran

Mine was super noob as well it happened waaay back b4 custom firmwares and when dev hook was the thing... i was trying to customize my custom backgrounds(unlike 2.0 u cant have custom back grounds just by selecting "Set as background" you had to flash them as default) So i flashed the picture not knowing it had to be certain demensions. I wound up with a half brick. But alls well now i did the ole wal mart trick With it not to long ago im glad i didnt sell it for parts on ebay :)
    Translation: Blah blah blah blah blah

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I only bricked once

flashed a bad gameboot back when i had 1.5

but i had recovery

it went well

ix_stylez is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i was downgrading it and i only had 10% battery. i left it on and had to go take a crap. when i came bak i forgot to put my charger on and my psp was off.

then i was freaking out til i turned it on and everything was ok :mrgreen:

3.03 -> 1.5 -> 3.03oe-a -> 3.03oe-b -> 3.03oe-c -> 3.10oe-a -> 3.10oe-a\' -> 3.52 M33

spanesar8 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

LOL yeahh mine was when i first got my psp.... forgot to check if mine was ta-082.... started downgrading

=

total brick

i was like :o and i just remembered it was 1 day after I bought it from futureshop..... i bought extra warrenty and it covered everything so i got it back free :)

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by YoYoBalls
    I only bricked once

flashed a bad gameboot back when i had 1.5

but i had recovery

it went well
    There is no such thing as recovery on 1.5. You Phail

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.