Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: it is bricked

mozza is offline -Hacks Ninja

I think some of you guys will remeber me?
    Well today i tryed this custom xmb stuff on my psp seen as there are a lot of cool mods about the place.Well i have been messing with psp's for about 18 months now so i thought how hard can this be i have flashed and downgraded loads of psp's.So i started by upgrading my c/f upto the firmware you can change the icons forgive me as i carnt remeber cause i am well pissed off about it.I then put a pack onto flash0 that i found from maxconsole and it threw up not enough space so i decided to just replace the files i needed to replace(silly tit didnt back up original flash0 though did i)rebooted psp and it just threw up black screen.I was like no its bricked arghh i got recovery so i then followed step by step the guide on here how to customize you xmb did everything it said found the 1.5 eboot put it in game recovery found the 3.10 eboot did the same and lastley found the c/f 303 eboot.All going well made the dax file deleted the other three and left the two files that the tut said to leave started flashing.It formatted the flash0 folder now it has gone to far and i knew that just as it popped up reading dax file it threw up a error saying corrupt and now i have a original jap 1.5 as a nice brick gutted.I aint saying that the tut was wrong it must have been me doing something wrong so dont take it that way.

All i want to know is does anyone know where i can get a cheap 1.5 mobo board

How easy is the u.p chip to install

Is there any repair places in the united kingdom that unbrick psp's

or shall i just buy a new one downgrade it and sell this one for parts

thanks for the info mozza (gutted)

even more so cause i THOUGHT i knew what i was doing arghhhh o well such is life

Now Playing G.R.A.W On Xbox Live So If You Think You Are Hard Enough Come Get Some.....................................................................................Gamert ag Mozza01

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

holy fuck i'm confused. Well buy a new psp, but make sure yo check what firmware version it is before you buy it so you know if you can downgrade it and sell the other one off for parts. Deleting the whole flash? wtf...

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

can u got to recovery menu
    if u can, get teh recovery and recover ur psp

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

Widjerd is offline -Hacks Smarty

that was confusing lol, but it does tell you the checksums of the DAXR files to check against. Sorry to hear, i have a us PSP i could sell fairly cheap if ur bothered at 3.03oec :P

sorry i didnt mean delete the whole flash i ment replace the files i needed to it was late when i posted and also how much u looking at for the psp and it is running c/f right

thanks mozza

Now Playing G.R.A.W On Xbox Live So If You Think You Are Hard Enough Come Get Some.....................................................................................Gamert ag Mozza01

elboffor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

can you get into recovery?
    if ya can then it aint bricked by any means, only a semi brick
    ya can still flash it back
    what filkes have ya overwriten? and what custom firmware was it?
    cos im sure sum1 will post the origonal files ya need

if no recovery theres a mod chip due out on the 16th

its main feature is "no hardcore installation"
    just wait till then and buy the chip

thanks for the answer it has formatted flash 0 so there is no recovery and i have heard about this chip and also emailed them for a price but had no answer as soon as i get a answer i will let you guys no how much it is and if it comes with fitting instructions

thanks again mozza

gmail.combrian-hyde is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

You will get more help if you use better punctuation. I still don't know what you did. Besides deleting flash0...which is always a no-no.

Reever is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

can you speak in clearer english please? I'm doubt your trying to, but I can hardly understand what your typing. Maybe its just the meds I'm on (I got my tonsils out today)

well sorry guys but i didnt realise this was a gcse engish class lol it doesnt matter now it is bricked all i wanted to know was

1) where is the cheapest place to get the u.p chip from

2) how easy is it to fit

3) should i just buy a new one downgrade it and sell this shinny brick

all in all i bricked it cause i was having a blonde moment so like i have said thanks for the answer's you guys that have been helpfull to me.
    To the others that keep saying i need to use better punctuation well this is a forum not a english lesson.

mozza

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast