Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Read This

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

ok, thank you for opening this. i'm interested in started a team in hopes to run full linux on the psp. with option of palm keyboard support or using the PSP's virtual keyboard. But these are my full hopes:

Keyboard Support
    Headphone Support
    Media Player Support
    Internet Support
    A virtual mouse with boost function
    and a decent amount of memory for its HDD (lets around 250 MB to 500MB)

so anyone who wants to join my team, post it here and please spread the word. i will donate money if needed for this project and all members will be mentioned for credit. so yeah please join and i will email you all the details. my email is MidianTheHacker@yahoo.com. thanks

oh and if anyone can think of anymore cool features that they would like to see, post it here :)

:::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Tell me what knowledge you have of this and some proof of concept please...
    Also What are looking for in terms of skills.

all i know is that the uClinux boots and mounts a root filesystem that is stored in the kernel code and loads an interactive shell. other than that it has support for the palm 3169WW infrared keyboard, the psp's headphone jack, has a framebuffer driver. and thats all it can do for now. i want to increase the HDD memory, port software to it, have an option to use the PSP's virtual keyboard (in case you dont have the IR keyboard) and more. skill levels, im just looking for anyone that thinks they can contribute to this. if you want a POC (proof-of-concept), download it from http://df38.dot5hosting.com/~remember/chris/ it comes with the source code and everything we need to get started. all we need to do is add features,ect.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

I don't think it will work. They're been trying to get linux on the PSP for ages. Last I heard there is something about the CPU that can't do it.

Nacos is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Seems You Know What Your Doing And You Seem Very Legit With A Good And Idea Your Obviously Passionate About. I Admire That. Though I Know I Will Be Of No Use To You. I Hope You Succeed And Find The People You Need. *Leme Be A Beta-Tester :mrgreenthumbsup:*. Also Try Posting In The "PSP Programming" Section As Thats Where The Coders Hang Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Zero
    I don't think it will work. They're been trying to get linux on the PSP for ages. Last I heard there is something about the CPU that can't do it.
    not true. the cpu worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacos17
    Seems You Know What Your Doing And You Seem Very Legit With A Good And Idea Your Obviously Passionate About. I Admire That. Though I Know I Will Be Of No Use To You. I Hope You Succeed And Find The People You Need. *Leme Be A Beta-Tester :mrgreenthumbsup:*. Also Try Posting In The "PSP Programming" Section As Thats Where The Coders Hang Out.
    thank you. and when it is done, i will let you test it out when i think it is safe. and i will let you be informed on any updates if you wish.

fuzzzzy is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Code:
    ok, thank you for opening this. i'm interested in started a team in hopes to run full linux on the psp. with option of palm keyboard support or using the PSP's virtual keyboard. But these are my full hopes:

Keyboard Support
    Headphone Support
    Media Player Support
    Internet Support
    A virtual mouse with boost function
    and a decent amount of memory for its HDD (lets around 250 MB to 500MB)

so anyone who wants to join my team, post it here and please spread the word. i will donate money if needed for this project and all members will be mentioned for credit. so yeah please join and i will email you all the details. my email is MidianTheHacker@yahoo.com. thanks

oh and if anyone can think of anymore cool features that they would like to see, post it here
    Dude someone is already working on this. www.psp-linux.org. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    PSP HISTORY>>2.60-2.71-2.80-1.5(devhook)-2.71SE-2.71SEC-3.020e-3.03oeC

Invalice is offline -Hacks Monk

im not good at this

im taking visul basic classes at sku and i hate them!

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

it sounds like he knows...it looks like he took all that info right from there. or he might even be the guy who made the PoC
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast