Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are NINTENDO consoles so dang hard to emulate!!????

WitchKingPSP is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I just got really mad about 30 secs ago thinking to myself, dammit man, im sitting here playing a near perfect psx emulator (psx 1.11) but when i want to play my fav 64 games like papermario and such on pj64, they dont play that well... Why is it that a more powerful machine such as playstation can be emulated easier than the less powerful nintendo 64??? Yes i know the playstattion is only 32 bit and the 64 is...well 64 bit lol but why are all of Nintendo's consoles not easily (well i know its not easy to emulate playstation but u know what i mean :P) emulated like the playstation is??

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

(Judges 15:14-16, KJV.)

chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

the psp can run a n64 easly, its just the *improper* coding that makes it slow.

sony's ps1 emulator is written by fully-time professional coders. the nintendo emulators are written by amateur coders who do it purelly out of their free time.

XboXLiVE: luukee

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

Well A) the psp and psx are so close to each other that it isnt really emulation it basicaly runs it it. B) it was programmed by the people who MADE THE PSX so of course they will make it good. Go ask Nintendo to make an emulator for the psp and i bet it will be good.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by spacepig101
    Well A) the psp and psx are so close to each other that it isnt really emulation it basicaly runs it it. B) it was programmed by the people who MADE THE PSX so of course they will make it good. Go ask Nintendo to make an emulator for the psp and i bet it will be good.
    theyll b betta tahn teh psx player

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

HAHAHAHA.. Sorry guys i should have clerified better... I DONT mean PSP emulation, im talking about PC emulation lol.

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

Calo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's funny that he went on and on about Playstation yet the whole time he meant PC....Anyways windows 95 sucks. Buy a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    It's funny that he went on and on about Playstation yet the whole time he meant PC....Anyways windows 95 sucks. Buy a laptop
    WHat are you talking about??? Actually if you paid attention to my very first post, i said im using an emmulator *PSX 1.11) which every one knows is a pc n64 emulator.... And whats this about windows 95?? Who said anything about windows 95?

YoYoBallz is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chipx
    the psp can run a n64 easly, its just the *improper* coding that makes it slow..
    Yep Yep

_VEndeTta is offline -Hacks Ninja

Nintendo modularizes its system more than Sony does, that is, it breaks
    each system up into components each of which have to be emulated. Since
    in real life these components run in parallel, in the emulator you need
    these components to run in parallel as well, but since most pc's (or PSP's)
    have only one or two cores, that means your CPU needs to be fast enough
    to simulate these being run in parallel.

For example, say the N64 has two cpu's,
    one to handle Graphics and one to handle input (I dunno the case IRL, but just
    pretend), since even assembly is at best two-to-one correlation, your CPU must be
    twice as fast as BOTH of these to make it run smoothly. That is, it must read the
    code to increment one CPU clock, increment it, then read the code to increment the
    other CPU clock, increment it, and get back to the previous CPU in time to increment
    again. It becomes even more complex when you have ten or twenty components, interrupts,
    etc.

Of course, it could just be crappily coded, or they could have used C which has roughly
    a 4-to-one correlation on average. Meaning the CPU in the previous case would have to
    be at least 4 times faster than both.

:mrgreen: Yay for programming.
    Old
    Timer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast