Thread: Quick question before buying

Panopticon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well, I'm planning on buying a PSP on this online auction and it says something like PSP, 1GB memory, Firmware 1.5! -- is this a good buy? The price and stuff is good, although I don't know anything about the whole playing backup things except that I've read about it a bit. My friend who's really into the PSP stuff is gone for 1-2 weeks so I can't ask him unfortunately.

I heard that the 1.5 can play backup games/ISOs and the like but you can't change the backgrounds and other options like webbrowsing or something isn't there? I'm basically just going for the gaming but it'd be cool to change some stuff of course.

Anyway, thanks for any advice or what I should watch out for. Should I ask the seller some questions in case it's a 1.5 with some other things, versions, patches, that might not be good (not that I know if that's possible to have?) -- I hope to get into this PSP stuff a lot more. I learn fast but it's so much at once, especially since I don't have it yet.

[[[[ EDIT: God damnit, I posted in the wrong forum section. Sorry about that. ]]]]

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

It's cool. Moved.

n3kuh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I'd get it if I were you, 1.5 is the start to the golden firmware. Which at the moment consist of 3.10OE-A and 3.30OE-A. I'd strongly suggest you get it, make sure the firmware is 1.5 though.
    Nice post.

I'll get it :) She told me that it could indeed play backup games, and the price and everything is just perfect.

I think I'll have to read some more about the 3.10 talk that I didn't really understand hehe. I saw somewhere that someone wanted to downgrade a 2.60 to 1.5 and then upgrade to 3.10? I thought 1.5 was the best or something.

Oh well, thanks for the help!

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

get it!
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

There's another guy selling a 3.10 0E-A incl. a 2gb memory, and it's cheaper. Should I still go with the 1.5?

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

go for the 3.10 OE one.