Thread: PSP Guide To All Firmware!!!

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

Here is my latest guide to EVERY firmware version for the PSP! I hope you find this helpful and useful :mrgreenthumbsup:

There are 18 different (official) firmware version for the PSP. They are: 1.00, 1.50, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50, 2.60, 2.70, 2.71, 2.80, 2.81, 2.82, 3.00, 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.10, 3.11, and now 3.30.

There are also 18 different custom firmwares. The are: Dark_Alex POC, HarleyG's Custom Firmware Patch, 2.71 SE-A, 2.71 SE-B, (B2 and B3), 2.71 SE-C, 3.02 OE-A, 3.02 OE-B, 3.03 OE-A (and A2), 3.03 OE-B, 3.03 OE-C, 3.10 OE-A (and A2), 3.30 OE-A, firmware 1.53, and 1.62 IE-A

The difference between the official Sony PSP versions and the custom firmware is this:

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    | SONY FIRMWARE CUSTOM FIRMWARE |
    -----------------------------------------------------|----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The official Sony PSP firmware all have |Cuatom Firmware is another story. All the early custom firmwares
    security patches in them. people have found |allowed plugins, recovery, and some allowed the use of Devhook.
    loop holes in the firmware (in version 1.00, |But custom firmware has evolved incredibly! They now support
    1.50, 2.00, 2.50, 2.60, 2.71, 2.80, 3.03) that |all the features (except Location Free for some reason) as the
    allows them to run "unsigned code." unsigned |official Sony firmware and the ability to run unsigned code! The
    code is a app or game developed by a third |actual chances of bricking your PSP with a custom firmware is 0.
    party programmer. That means that it was |00009%. Literally, it is nearly impossible to break *brick* your
    not made by the Sony. |PSP with a homebrew app/game or even virus!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A FAQ is "If I have 1.50, why should I upgrade?" that has a simple answer: are you willing to take chances with your PSP? Even with 1.50you still have a chance of bricking. The custom firmware wasnt really as strong as it is now. And because with the latest versions of custom firmware, you can enjoy the homebrew and have all the features as the actual version itself. Such as its internet browser, RSS, video and photo support, ect!

Well, this review so far is in Beta form and I will update it in a short while (my hands hurt :lol:)

and I hope you found this review to be kind of useful

:::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

:mrgreenthumbsup:

I like it. Could use some more...uhh....just more

i will indeed add more. except it feels like my hands are going wo fall off. i just got up and decided to do his.:sleep: sleepy sleepy sleey sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::

n3kuh is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Some spelling here and there and you'll be fine, good guide.
    Nice post.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

lol, who wakes up in the dead of night (in a cold sweat?) and needs to write a PSP Guide.

hardcore

me :lol:

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

nice
    if u want
    compare the CFW and sony FW side bu side
    (just a suggestion if u havnt though bout it )

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

truncj is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

" They now support all the features (except Location Free for some reason) "

Due to lack of flash space. Since most people don't own the location free player, (piece of hardware that costs more than the psp itself), DA decided to take it out to make room for other features of CFW.

Quote Originally Posted by truncj
    " They now support all the features (except Location Free for some reason) "

Due to lack of flash space. Since most people don't own the location free player, (piece of hardware that costs more than the psp itself), DA decided to take it out to make room for other features of CFW.
    doesnt that cost like $300 or $350? and i found out that location free player works on some of the SE firmwares........hmmmmmmmmmmmm wierd (2.71 SE-A location free works)