Thread: To be a contributor and not a leech....

tsu-money is offline -Hacks Newbie

Just a thought at the moment

Right now, I am content with my position in life as a college student living at home, playing games during my free time, and not having a care in the world. I find a lot of satisfaction from customizing my PSP on a regular basis. The whole world of PSP customization and hacking was introduced to me only a few short weeks after I purchased my PSP only a few months ago. Yet while I am grateful for those who have spent countless hours of their own free time to make our gaming experience more enjoyable, I ask myself this question: Am I doing my part when it comes to contributing to the homebrew community? I mean, money aside, what else can one do support the cause? So I pose a question to the modders and hackers out there: Where can I begin? Is there something I can do to help out? Anything would be appreciated. BTW, keep up the good work! :mrgreenthumbsup:

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's good that you wanna support them. I guess donations are the only way, other than spreading the word about their PSP Hacks. Since they need money to do these things, I guess the best way you can contribute, is to donate some money. :mrgreenthumbsup:

tsu-money is offline -Hacks Newbie

Yeah, I guess that someone needs to feed their kid somewhere along the lines. Gotta make the money.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Put up signs around your town advertising PSP-hacks :)

You could try programming some homebrew, we could never have enough of that.

czrone is offline -Hacks Neophyte

how bout a psp-hacks hoodie ? or something. the proceeds can be donated to the hackers

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Alternatively, you could actually just make customizations, since you're already into it :P

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by czrone
    how bout a psp-hacks hoodie ? or something. the proceeds can be donated to the hackers
    Thats actually not a bad idea. Personally, I always try to spread the word but if im wearing a hoodie with a small psp-hacks logo to advertise, it's better than me going around looking like a drunk asking for money

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch
    Quote Originally Posted by czrone
    Thats actually not a bad idea. Personally, I always try to spread the word but if im wearing a hoodie with a small psp-hacks logo to advertise, it's better than me going around looking like a drunk asking for money
    The hoodie idea brings another idea to mind. What about a psp-hacks store? They can sell stuff like t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

or you could just help other people get into it. we could always need more assistance in the help section, and it feels good when somebody actually says "thanks". helping.