Thread: What is Sony up to?

ZenoGia is offline -Hacks Neophyte

:o Woo D_A is da man, but what is sony planning? Why does sony keep making these firmware updates? All i know is that fw 3.00 was supposed to be the PSP's highlight firmware then Dark alex did his thing, and every fw after that has been, I believe to be delibrate on sony's part. I think that sony is allowing D_A to hack the fw's, cause they know that MOST of us will follow and update UNTIL they fill up the entire ms/0 flash, by making all the files bigger, then you wouldn't be able to customize your psp.

maybe thats why there is no downgrader for 3.10+

what do you guys think about this?

1.50 > 2.00 > 2.50 > 2.82 > 3.00 > 3.03 > 1.50 > 3.03oe >3.30oe >bricked >pandora >1.50 > 3.54 M33-4 > Bricked > Lol > 3.54 M33-4 > 3.71 M33-3 >3.90 M33-2 Got another one from some for 10 $$ cause UMD was broke and NO m33 lol, I fixed it! not that\'s on 3.80 M33

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ZenoGia
    :o Woo D_A is da man, but what is sony planning? Why does sony keep making these firmware updates? All i know is that fw 3.00 was supposed to be the PSP's highlight firmware then Dark alex did his thing, and every fw after that has been, I believe to be delibrate on sony's part. I think that sony is allowing D_A to hack the fw's, cause they know that MOST of us will follow and update UNTIL they fill up the entire ms/0 flash, by making all the files bigger, then you wouldn't be able to customize your psp.

maybe thats why there is no downgrader for 3.10+

what do you guys think about this?
    WTF? Sony keeps releasing fw's until they don't get decrypted, then they use the same formats, then they force us to update to get a ton of features (they'll release something big when they figure they can't get decrypted)

they are just testing the water with firmwares right now.

sticky is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

^^ sounds logical

:::: [11th Squad Vice-Captain - Yachiru~!]::::

miken05 is offline -Hacks Smarty

There can be plentl of space saved in falsh, we can save over a MB by dummying a font file. So I dont think space is a problem.

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TA-082_User
    WTF? Sony keeps releasing fw's until they don't get decrypted, then they use the same formats, then they force us to update to get a ton of features (they'll release something big when they figure they can't get decrypted)

they are just testing the water with firmwares right now.
    Technically, that's wrong as they MUST let us be able to decrypt the firmware. Doing anything else defeats the entire idea of public key encryption.

Quote Originally Posted by miken05
    There can be plentl of space saved in falsh, we can save over a MB by dummying a font file. So I dont think space is a problem.
    It is. Dummying a font file doesn't have any effect on most people, but I think it does to people using a different charset.

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

all firmware can be decrypted. its not impossible unless sony starts copywriting its firmware and put password protections on it. in that case, i can figure out the password. (i have done dark things in my days)
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

Serosis is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midian
    all firmware can be decrypted. its not impossible unless sony starts copywriting its firmware and put password protections on it. in that case, i can figure out the password. (i have done dark things in my days)
    for one, the firmware is SCEI copyrighted.
    people wouldn't even upgrade if they put a password on their firmwares :lol:

Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran

never knew that it was.....and some people probably would. there are losers sony fanboys that want to make sony look good. and to add to my previous post, since every psp has its own configoration, mac address, ect, the update is made for that one specific psp! wouldnt that suck? not possible but it would suck
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

Nice avatar Midian, lawl

rafi21 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ha filling up flash0 with updates so we cant customize nething

but if that does happen we can just delete the useless things and keep them as 0KB