Thread: 3.10oe-a2,3.30oe-a or 3.40oe?

davelsa is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi,

Currently, my PSP is in 3.03oe-c, thinking of upgrading but not sure which version to use.

Q: What's the diff between 3.10oe-a2,3.30oe-a or 3.40oe?

Q: Can i just upgrade it in 3.03oe-c to 3.10oe-a2,3.30oe-a or 3.40oe, or do I need to downgrade it to 1.50 before I upgrade it?

Thanks in Advance.
    Best Reagrds

a'fiy is offline -Hacks Guru

3.10oea2 is basically an update of 3.10oe
    u need to install 3.10oe 1st then the update .
    i dont know what the different . try a little search around here .
    u can use the easy installer. or install it straight .
    dont need to downgrade back to 1.5
    Cintro Download

::[Mr Nice Guy a.k.a Hafiy ::]

yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

no difference really. just stupid updates in the code that make no difference in any gameplay. they might have added more ps1 games, but probably not. some people say 3.03oe-c is the most stable but im callin bullshit. theyre all pretty much the same now that you can custom topmenu any 3.xx oe

...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

PSPFANATICO is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Actually,

I was on 3.03oe-c for a long time and I never had a problem, not even flashing it.
    Now I'm on 3.30oe-a' and still the same as 3.03oe-c, since you can customize all the icons and more.
    The good thing about 3.30oe-a' or even 3.40 firmwares is actually the compatibility with psx games that you couldn't have with the previous 3.03oe-c, as well as some changes in the video files, which now supports thumbnails.

Regards,

Pspfanatico

spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran

3.10 OE (A, A2) - Improved "popstation" and allowed users to access 3.10 Playstation emulation. Opened up the ability to use the fourth (highest) screen brightness setting even when on battery. With a plugin, will allow accessing any form of the Playstation Network functions from 3.00 through 3.11. Unfortunately, since this is a custom firmware, it lacks working Location Free player and the Korean language since there were space concerns, although they could be reinstalled later.

3.30 OE (A, A2) - Fixed a bug that could have caused instability in 3.10 OE after recovering from sleep mode. Patched a protection that prevents the firmware to load higher firmware modules.

3.40 OE (A) - Fixed a bug that caused data to be written to random places in the PSP's ram. Autoboot has been reimplemented. Improvements in the flasher will now check that the data file is the correct for the update.

all updates include increased psx game compatibility.
    google is your friend
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

amzter is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i like 3.03 its the greatest

My PSP Life:2.5>2.6>1.5>2.71SE-B>2.71SE-B>2.71SEB2>2.71 SE-B3>2.71SE-C>1.5>2.71SE-C>3.03OE-A>3.03 OE-C>3.10 OE-C>1.5>3.03 OE-C
    THANKS DPBMT