Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ta-082 idstorage... i think...

jancarius is offline -Hacks Newbie

i own a ta-082 psp running OE soft basically my ps3 wont register it (no psp connected message).
    i connect it to windows and that shows as a usb mass drive.
    if i connect the other non ta-082 psp to windows (also running OE) the pc picks this up as a sony psp usb drive.

this got me thinking has this go to do with the fact that when i first downgraded my ta-082 psp the program changed the idstorage name or some thing and it will now permanantly stay like that no matter what i do becuase the ps3 and pc just pick the ta-082 as a mass drive i have flashed nearly every firmware out there you can think of on to it that mass drive just stayed.

so could this be the reason why the ps3 wont register the psp??

and am i stuck like this?
    i read in another forum that the idstorage is not to be touched even recovery wont work

PSN ID: Jancarius

CHELSEA CHELSEA!!!!

beanz is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

try going to "remote access":|
    \"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS\" George Orwell-Animal Farm

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jancarius
    i own a ta-082 psp running OE soft basically my ps3 wont register it (no psp connected message).
    i connect it to windows and that shows as a usb mass drive.
    if i connect the other non ta-082 psp to windows (also running OE) the pc picks this up as a sony psp usb drive.

this got me thinking has this go to do with the fact that when i first downgraded my ta-082 psp the program changed the idstorage name or some thing and it will now permanantly stay like that no matter what i do becuase the ps3 and pc just pick the ta-082 as a mass drive i have flashed nearly every firmware out there you can think of on to it that mass drive just stayed.

so could this be the reason why the ps3 wont register the psp??

and am i stuck like this?
    i read in another forum that the idstorage is not to be touched even recovery wont work
    yea dat happen to me
    u gotta get id storage (from a friend, lik wat i did) and put the id in ur psp

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

ok where is this stored in the psp?
    and is this safe as i read messing with that can easily brick the psp with no chance of recovery

CHELSEA CHELSEA!!!!

CIRAS is offline -Hacks Newbie

KeyCleaner by chilly should fix all your IdStorage problems. it has options to patch and/or use IdStorage keys dumped from another psp.

cheers mate i just tried looking for it on this site cant seem to find it, could someone please link me to it???

thanks

CHELSEA CHELSEA!!!!

here you go:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1117

good luck!

thanks for the link!!!

just a final question can i use the idstorage files from a non ta-082 psp? if not could some one please post it up here for me?
    thanks

CHELSEA CHELSEA!!!!

you shouldn't use a non TA-082's keys on a TA-082/86. run the program and pm me the info (i need to know if you have a key 8), then try fixing it without files first. after that, run it again and if you still have any keys that need replacing i might be able to help you. just pm me all the info on your psp's IdStorage keys.

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

i used a ta-079 key(my friend) on a ta-082( my psp) and it works good!!!!!!!!!!!111
    no problem upgradin n downgradin

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast