Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much use does you battery get? x2

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

I was just thinking the other day how kick ass these li-ion batteries are.

If it were like a fucking gameboy, I'd have already spent way too much money on AA's.

I've had my battery since May of 2005, then sent it back to sony with my psp and right now I don't know if it's the same one but if it is, that's very impressive. I use it every day, sometimes for hours, sometimes while charging. While it's not charging, I have it on 333mhz on 4th brightness most of the time. After almost 3 years of a LOT of use, this thing still holds 4 good hours of juice.

Also, What is the most you've ever seen your PSP say it has left?
    Mine once said like 23 hours remaining :o I was in the XMB with 1st brightness

chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

good 7 hours of gameplay. i charged it before a 12 hour trip and it lasted all the way. :cool:

XboXLiVE: luukee

Klax is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Had my PSP since US launch (March 23, 2005) and it still gives me 8 hours of play. I usually charge my PSP every 3 days or so. The batteries definetly kick way more ass than apple's shitty Ipod. Even if it did loose its charge replacing it is idiot proof unlike the Ipod where you gotta pry the plastic off and you get involved with screws and what not. I never had a problem with mine.

I was also thinking about getting the stamina battery for the hell of it. Does anyone have one of these? How much extra life does it give your PSP?

Pooky_187: Downloading wouldn't be faster than downloading <--Fail
    XBL: I Klax I | PSN: I-Klax-I

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Yeah like the 3600 mAh or whatever? I was curious about those

chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Klax
    Had my PSP since US launch (March 23, 2005) and it still gives me 8 hours of play. I usually charge my PSP every 3 days or so. The batteries definetly kick way more ass than apple's shitty Ipod. Even if it did loose its charge replacing it is idiot proof unlike the Ipod where you gotta pry the plastic off and you get involved with screws and what not. I never had a problem with mine.

I was also thinking about getting the stamina battery for the hell of it. Does anyone have one of these? How much extra life does it give your PSP?
    true that. fresh ipod batt's are good, but after a year or so. they become really shitty.

i manually replaced mine though so its all good.

XboXLiVE: luukee

Quote Originally Posted by chipx
    Quote Originally Posted by Klax

true that. fresh ipod batt's are good, but after a year or so. they become really shitty.

i manually replaced mine though so its all good.
    Yeah, I had to do that for my friends mom. Her battery couldn't hold for more than 2 minutes off the charger (literally) and she was going to send it back to apple. Apparently you have to pay a ridiciolous fee for the replacement part, the labor, and the shipping...and of course you don't get the same ipod you sent in back. I really hate that because I get attached to stuff and I wouldn't want someone else's stuff. Anyways I told her i'd do it and I read an online tutorial, found a site that specialized in Ipod stuff, ordered the new battery which came with a kit with screw drivers and other stuff and I did it myself. Only cost $15 after shipping :)

bxpapi196 is offline -Hacks Veteran

@TITLE
    sometimes i leave my psp on thru the night
    i forget to turn it off cuz i sleep to my music
    im thinkin bout getting a higher capacity battery
    Wat the difference

\"Kicking is a sign of love and respect, banning is a sign you\'re being a douche.\" - Anceint Proverb

B D09 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bxpapi196
    @TITLE
    sometimes i leave my psp on thru the night
    i forget to turn it off cuz i sleep to my music
    im thinkin bout getting a higher capacity battery
    Wat the difference
    i think the difference is that it takes longer to charge and holds more power so you have a longer battery life

RPG Tony is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

@Scorch, actually it's 2200 mAh, they've said on Sony's site that it gives like an extra 40% battery (not sure if that's the exact number, but close to it).

PSP-1001: 1.50 OFW; PSP-2001 IS: 5.50 GEN-D3 w/ Prometheus 3 (Beta 2)
    PSP-3000 ZW (Jap LE Dissidia Bundle): 6.10 OFW
    PS3 80 GB (CECH E) @ 3.41 w/ PL3 - PSN ID: RPG_Tony

Quote Originally Posted by RPG Tony
    @Scorch, actually it's 2200 mAh, they've said on Sony's site that it gives like an extra 40% battery (not sure if that's the exact number, but close to it).
    It's 20% more, I checked the sony site. I'm guessing its another half hour to an hour then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast