Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: mem swap

  
  1. #1
    Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    What would happened if someone would start to update sony firmware to load up were you hit start and swap out the mem for 1.5 will it brick it or say corrupted.


  2. #2
    spacewiz's Avatar
    spacewiz is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    behind a ps3
    Posts
    1,402
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    you cant pause an update...or at least i don't think you can.
    PS3 : 300gb : 4.41 OFW
    PSP-1000 : 6.60 PRO-C Fix 3
    DSi : acekard2i - AKAIO 1.8.9

  3. #3
    Los's Avatar
    Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,642
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-hack
    What would happened if someone would start to update sony firmware to load up were you hit start and swap out the mem for 1.5 will it brick it or say corrupted.
    you can't pause it, besides, why would you anyway?? There is a HIGH chance of causing a brick if you remove the stick :sigh:


    Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

  4. #4
    Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerzee
    Quote Originally Posted by G-hack
    What would happened if someone would start to update sony firmware to load up were you hit start and swap out the mem for 1.5 will it brick it or say corrupted.
    you can't pause it, besides, why would you anyway?? There is a HIGH chance of causing a brick if you remove the stick :sigh:

    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7...update1xz1.jpg
    I went to update my 3.30 ver to 3.40 ver and when it starts it loads to a screen to hit x to updated or o to cancle. Has anyone tried to swap the mem to 1.5 then hit x ????

  5. #5
    Midian is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    From: From:
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-hack
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzee
    Quote Originally Posted by G-hack
    What would happened if someone would start to update sony firmware to load up were you hit start and swap out the mem for 1.5 will it brick it or say corrupted.
    you can't pause it, besides, why would you anyway?? There is a HIGH chance of causing a brick if you remove the stick :sigh:

    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/7...update1xz1.jpg
    I went to update my 3.30 ver to 3.40 ver and when it starts it loads to a screen to hit x to updated or o to cancle. Has anyone tried to swap the mem to 1.5 then hit x ????
    no wonder your a noob 3.30 to 3.40. you should of stayed put at 3.30 for a downgrader! and if you do swap memory sticks, the psp will give you an update cannot be completed the error is blahblahblah, when you exit, you will get the psp's blue screen that tells you to restore the default settings, and when you do, bricked.
    :::::All my obstacles have disappeared. I am God of this new world. -Light ep:25:::::
    ::::JOIN http://www.reticentreprisal.freeforums.org/ NOW!!!!::::

  6. #6
    Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    Never mind I was brave to try this and It said update could not start mem removed. If there was a way to start it with out removing the mem like a switch to think the mem was never removed. I think it would work. I think it opened up flash and as soon as i took out the mem thats when it shut down and said it couldn't be started and restarted itself. Maybe its a new exploit it's a start for the 3.11 and up.

  7. #7
    Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..
    Posts
    3,998
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Some one tried your trick before a 2.71 downgrader was made
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=65014

  8. #8
    Guest is offline -Hacks Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,176
    Rep Power
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparker
    Some one tried your trick before a 2.71 downgrader was made
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=65014
    Thanks I said what the heck i'll try it. when my modchip comes in I'm going to try a few things if it bricks!!! well I'll have to install the modchip and if I screw that up at lease I can say it was bricked anyway. I have a psp with 1.5 and one with 3.30 I didn't update to any oe's because I have 2 psp's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •