Thread: Solution to "blank" configuration menu in recovery mode

strider3871 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi all,

I would like to tell you a bit of my experience on installing a custom firmware for my friend. Something went wrong somehow and I bricked his psp. I used the recovery mode to downgrade back to 1.5 then used Dark Alex's 3.40 oe-a installer to go back to the custom firmware again.

Something went wrong....again. A few seconds after I got into the custom firmware, the psp froze and displayed an error message (about corrupted setting...can't remember exactly what it was). The psp shut itself down automatically and I had to cold boot it. When I went back in somehow it asked me to re-enter the nickname, timezone, date, and some other stuff like that just like when the first time I installed an official firmware update.

Everything looked fine except that I could not load any games and the configuration mode under the recovery menu was completely blank.

After several hours browsing the web trying to find a solution finally I found a similar situation brought up by a forum member and somebody gave him this link

http://dl.qj.net/Flash1-Formatter-v1...2317/catid/151

Just read the *.txt file. It is pretty easy and straight forward. The program basically repairs a corrupted flash1 (yes.... flash1 not flash0). Just do a clean format on flash1 by using the program and all settings should be resetted to factory default. The recovery menu was fixed and the firmware works correctly after that.

I hope this helps :)

BDIGITAL is offline -Hacks Smarty

Cool thanks, I need to hold on to this just in case I run into the same problem you had.

PSN ID- BDIGITAL69

eloder is offline -Hacks Veteran

hope this helps those who bricked when upgrading to 3.40 oe

moien is offline -Hacks Smarty

Basecly you just have to delete the "config.se" file from flash1 in order to have a functioning 3.40oe-a.

Ibuprofen is offline -Hacks Hacker

nice find

fillz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks, this helped me out a lot!

DigitalKid215 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by strider3871
    Hi all,

I would like to tell you a bit of my experience on installing a custom firmware for my friend. Something went wrong somehow and I bricked his psp. I used the recovery mode to downgrade back to 1.5 then used Dark Alex's 3.40 oe-a installer to go back to the custom firmware again.

Something went wrong....again. A few seconds after I got into the custom firmware, the psp froze and displayed an error message (about corrupted setting...can't remember exactly what it was). The psp shut itself down automatically and I had to cold boot it. When I went back in somehow it asked me to re-enter the nickname, timezone, date, and some other stuff like that just like when the first time I installed an official firmware update.

Everything looked fine except that I could not load any games and the configuration mode under the recovery menu was completely blank.

After several hours browsing the web trying to find a solution finally I found a similar situation brought up by a forum member and somebody gave him this link

http://dl.qj.net/Flash1-Formatter-v1...2317/catid/151

Just read the *.txt file. It is pretty easy and straight forward. The program basically repairs a corrupted flash1 (yes.... flash1 not flash0). Just do a clean format on flash1 by using the program and all settings should be resetted to factory default. The recovery menu was fixed and the firmware works correctly after that.

I hope this helps :)
    Praise be to strider3871 and Team tOc! Praise be to them! This worked! It worked like a charm! Thank you thank you!!! My PSP is now UNBRICKED!!!! I love you all!

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Here's the changelog :

Jan, 19-20 2007

* Changed exit button from Square to R + L.
    * Added function to fully dump f1 to ms0:/dump/.
    * Made backup function dump to ms0:/dump/.
    * General aesthetics fixes... (EvilSeph is picky).
    * Cleaned up code...
    * Revised readme.txt.
    * Included FAQ.html automatically generated by a PHP script coded by Ahadiel.
    * Added two exit screens (one for unlocked, one for locked).
    * Added new readme reading check, since v1 readme.txt was posted on news sites. Read readme.txt for more information.
    * Added checks for missing files from the user dump.
    * Made dump folder and user's supplied dump folder different, to allow for backup of flash1 when choosing option 2.
    * Modified delay until user can press a button after unlocking program from 5s to 3s.
    * Removed automatic removal of dump from flash after formatting.

Jan, 20-26 2007:

* Made all options that format flash1 backup flash1 first.
    * Completed GUI (if you can call it that...)
    * Modified user's supplied dump format to include two types (to support PSP Filer's dump).
    * Modified delay until program exits from 10s to 5s
    * Modified program colours from black background with red text to blue background with white text

The team notes that development of version two took longer than the they thought it would, but hey, at least it's here. Oh, and before you folks start trying to install the thing, team tOc would like to remind all of you to please read the readme and faq files. That way you not only ensure your own psp's safety but you don't end up bothering the folks who know better.

Great work Team tOc, we all look forward to more updates from you folks!
    PSP Flash1 Formatter v2
    http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/download.php?id=1542

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019