Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: psp buying firmware! c

wolfeinstein is offline -Hacks Newbie

i just like to know if i buy a used or new psp with any firmware can they be upgraded or downgraded to play homebrew games?
    other than the 1.5
    thx

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Well you could buy a psp with 1.5 then upgrade it to custom firmware so you can enjoy all your ISO games and homebrew and other stuff. But if your to buy a psp new your best bet is to look for one with a box indicating it has a 2.80 or below firmware psp in it.

eloder is offline -Hacks Veteran

didn't you just posted this on general section? oh well, 3.03 fw can be downgraded to 1.5 so you can play homebrew games and downloaded iso

ok so i just g for the 1.5
    thx mate

my goal is to play iso and homebre games i just want to know if a newly bought psp can do that with an upgrade?
    thx

Fiska is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Your words, while incomprehensible at best, indicate a sense of ignorance. It depends. If you get a new PSP with 3.10 or later, you need to wait until a higher firmware downgrader is available. If it is is 3.03 or below, you can perform the tough task of acquiring GTA:LCS and downgrading it (that game is required), or anything below 2.80 (that, or 2.71) will be able to downgrade without that game.

Apart from that, your intentions don't mean anything, and you don't really specify what you mean by "upgrade." Custom firmware? Or new official firmware? You don't say.

And for integrity's sake, I hope you don't speak English natively. If you do not, then I understand that learning a new language is hard.
    Current FW: 3.60 M33

And my avatar was my hair as of August 2006 off of a 9 hour picking session on a plane to Tokyo. Alas, it is now short.

Oh Thx for putting me down because of the way i formed the sentences, you could have just left it out and given me the straight answer, which i got, thx for that.
    And for the record i am not a native speaker, but more like the lack of laziness that made me spit out the sentences that way.
    Don't worry i'm not mad at you more like disappointed!lol
    But thx for your answer that is what i wanted to know exactly!
    I'm also not ignorant more of a noob in the psp arena.

But what i wanted to know is, what firmware do i have to have on my psp, that plays games that are not store bought! (Hacked)

gr8leo87 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Get any version upto 2.80. Because these versions are easily downgraded.

Better off get a PSP with factory 1.5 firmware. I just bought a PSP from Hongkong (Region 3) with factory 1.5. They have 1.5 indicated on the boxes in the form of an orange sticker. (applies to region 3 only).

It's around 100 hongkond dollars expensiver than the normal version that could be 2.80-3.03.

100 HK dollars = 12 US dollars

dpbmt is offline -Hacks Veteran

any version upto 3.03 can be downgraded.

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast