Thread: New to PSP Community-any suggestions?

LiquidOcelot is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi there! My older brother Metal_gear08 kept bugging me to get a PSP and join this site, and I finally caved. I just got a PSP, and I was wondering what good PSP stuff (games, apps, plugins, firmware, etc.)to get. I already got LeeSp cuz my bro helped make it, but what are some other good PSP things?

Gliz9 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

First and most importantly get custom firmware! I recommend 3.03 oe-c. Then I gets get some emulators, like the classics nes snes and sega genesis.

LiquidOcelot is offline -Hacks Newbie

Mm'kay. Any other good games?

eloder is offline -Hacks Veteran

get plugins and some useful applications here... this link is complete from choosing OE fw (i suggest you go for 3.03 oe-c :mrgreenthumbsup: )... http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=80284

BDIGITAL is offline -Hacks Smarty

Not to sound like an ass, but before you start asking questions about how to do something, make sure you utilize all your resources "searching" to find the answer for the questions you want to ask.

PSN ID- BDIGITAL69

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidOcelot
    Hi there! My older brother Metal_gear08 kept bugging me to get a PSP and join this site, and I finally caved. I just got a PSP, and I was wondering what good PSP stuff (games, apps, plugins, firmware, etc.)to get. I already got LeeSp cuz my bro helped make it, but what are some other good PSP things?
    What firmware version do you have? If you don't know and don't know how to check go to settings> system settings> system information. If you have anything above 3.03 then sorry. You cannot play homebrew untill some exploit for whatever you have is discovered. If you have 3.03 you can downgrade to 1.50 then go to 3.xx oe but you have to have an unpatched version of GTA: LCS (ebay it b/c you cant find it in stores anymore). if you have 2.00, 2.60, 2.71, or 2.80 you can use their respective downgraders with out GTA. Just be sure before you use anydowngrader you ask if you have the correct type of motherboard. There is a way to tell but I forgot how. But just ask and someone else will tell you.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n