Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Sony Lying?!

pOint_01 is offline -Hacks Newbie

This post continues my first question:-

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=86841

I recently sent my PSP back for warranty repair but before sending it in, the guy on the phone gave me this warning:-

Your PSP will not be covered under warranty if the engineers find out that cause of the brick was due to battery under 50%, ac adapter was not connected or another firmware was installed. He told me that the engineers would know all this information and if i want my PSP back fixed, it would cost $145 AUD or $55 AUD if i want the PSP back without fixing.

now i agreed to this cause i dont think they would know this kind of information from a bricked PSP let alone a working one.

I think they might have given this warning to scare of people from wanting their PSP fixed under warranty due to the increase of returns for warranty repairs and hence Sony loosing money.

Does anyone agree with me?!

BTW, i live in Australia.

GuilT1 is offline -Hacks Member

I live in the U.S. but and I don't know the coversion rate in Australia, but that seems like an awful lot ($145) if it's still under warranty. Sounds like scare tactic to me, but they do have ways of unbricking PSP's so maybe they might know. What's even weirder is they are going to charge you to send Your bricked PSP back to you for $55? That's about a fucking scam and a half. So you already sent it back huh? You may want to consider buying a new one, no way would I pay that kind of money to have it fixed, and I sure as hell wouldn't buy back a bricked PSP. You may want to get ahold of their customer service and get this shit straightened out, or you're gonna get fucked. Who knows, maybe they don't have the time to fix it, and will just send you a refurbished one. All in all it sounds like they are trying to deter you from getting it, and they wouldn't really be losing money if they charge you ridiculous prices to get it fixed anyway, plus eventually they may fix yours and end up sending that to someone else, so it's win win for Sony.

cage is offline -Hacks Veteran

I downgraded a friends psp, but a few days later the screen went funny (graphics went bad like a pc without a graphics card) not sure what caused it, i up & downgraded it a few times but the screen stayed bad on every version i tried.

as it was still under warrenty i upgraded it back to the original version and advisewd him to send it back to sony, a few days later he got a phone call from sony asking him why he downgraded it..... a few days after he received it back with a letter telling him the wouldn't fix it because he had tried to downgrade it.

I just did the wall mart trick ( Not at wall mart) and got him another one, it was a ta8 so i'm just looking for lcs so i can downgrade it.

I'm not sure how they know but they did know... they didn't charge him anything for not fixing it, that bit of your story sounds wierd...

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Wow. The things they'll do to get their money. It seems lately Sony has been putting themselves before the customer alot.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pOint_01
    This post continues my first question:-

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=86841

I recently sent my PSP back for warranty repair but before sending it in, the guy on the phone gave me this warning:-

Your PSP will not be covered under warranty if the engineers find out that cause of the brick was due to battery under 50%, ac adapter was not connected or another firmware was installed. He told me that the engineers would know all this information and if i want my PSP back fixed, it would cost $145 AUD or $55 AUD if i want the PSP back without fixing.

now i agreed to this cause i dont think they would know this kind of information from a bricked PSP let alone a working one.

I think they might have given this warning to scare of people from wanting their PSP fixed under warranty due to the increase of returns for warranty repairs and hence Sony loosing money.

Does anyone agree with me?!

BTW, i live in Australia.
    Im pretty sure they have the means to know exactly what happened to your psp, wether it was a hw problem, a brick or anything else.

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

Yea. The psp actually has a small, small chip hidden deep inside it that monitors and logs all user activity and everything else, such as firmware versions and such.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by psphackr
    Wow. The things they'll do to get their money. It seems lately Sony has been putting themselves before the customer alot.
    No, Sony is right there. they shouldn't be liable for any damage that was caused by unofficial software such as homebrew.

XboXLiVE: luukee

chinz is offline -Hacks Veteran

sounds about right lol.........

ther just covering them selfs.......

trying to get some of there money back on a psp that is leacking money..............

azatru is offline -Hacks Neophyte

note: www.xe.com universal currency converter

145.00 AUD

=

119.086 USD

If i was going to pay 120$ US to get my psp working again, i would just get a UP modchip, and fix it that way.

I am not saying everyone should, but I agree, sony has been really treating their customers horribly lately, and they have been screwing their developers for even longer.

Sony had an agreement with Borland for exclusive rights to release development sw for any and all current/future scei gaming consoles..............uh huh, that never lasted.

granted the codewarrior sw for yaroze was crap.......

TA-082_User is offline -Hacks Veteran

You can't put a price on piracy. Wait you can. The price of a UP Mod Chip :mrgreenthumbsup:

But this is retarded, fuck sony go walmart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast