Thread: Fake memory stick?

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

hmm i was wondering.. which one is better... fake memory stick or the real deal... now obvously the real one would be the best, but how good is the counterfeit ones? wats the big difference? is it worth cheaping out..? btw i just bought a 4 gig sandisk pro duo ms, it cost me bout 80 bucks.. as i read in the forum, some ppl have fake memory stick and are just doin fine.. i was wondering if its worth the 80 dollars.. or should i cheap out and get a fake one? is there a HUGE performance differnce?

PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

eloder is offline -Hacks Veteran

the difference is the transfer speed from pc to psp, but it doesn't bother me at all...

pspkukawai is offline -Hacks Smarty

Eloder is right IF you are the lucky one. The good Fake one the only different maybe the speed only.
    But most of them you'll get some "wierd" problems that you're not sure is that from the FW, psp, cable...etc....bla...while that is from the ##@!ms after you compare it with the genuine one.
    I think straight with genuine is the best option, now in US is Memorial Day event, many stores offer a good deal on their stuff!! Buy Sandisk on Newegg, buy, Fry.com those are very good ecommerce sites!!Is about $60-$70 now. Don't buy the fake one!

replicat0r is offline -Hacks Veteran

i see.... hmm was the price differnce between the fake one and the real one?
    PSP phatty: 1.5---->2.71---->3.03oe-c---->semi brick---->3.51 m33----> 3.52 m33---> $140
    PSP slim: 3.60----------------------------------------------->3.71 m33----> 3.71 m33-2
    <---woot! finally its done!

pspkukawai is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r
    sometime same, cheaper and even more expensive, depend some situations such as, new credit card discount, google check out...etc.....

redgrave is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by pspkukawai
    Quote Originally Posted by replicat0r
    sometime same, cheaper and even more expensive, depend some situations such as, new credit card discount, google check out...etc.....
    most of the fakes are cheaper than the original ones, that's what attracts people to buy. i bought a fake one 2 mths back, 1st it wan't working correctly. ISOs always crashed. the warranty was only for a week. so i went back the day after & the guy changed a new one for me, with 3 ISOs loaded in the memory stick. lucky me. & the memory stick didn't have problems, just transfer speed was slow.

I have known sorrow and learned to aid the wretched.

soya fake is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Semi-fakes just have a lower transfare rate. but with a really fake und you can't play some isos, ad-hoc or even can't run homebrew.

soya

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran