Thread: Partially bricked psp or fragmented memory stick?

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

I'm having alot of trouble playing music. I'll be siting there listening and all of a sudden the song will get real laggy and then speed back up again, then it will say, "The music could not be played," then I'll start it playing again and then it will say the same thing and all the music in that folder will dissapear, not get deleted, but dissapear. But after I cold reboot my psp it is normal again for a little while. Do you think I need to just reformat the memory stick or is it just another bug in 3.40 OE? Because if it is I'm downgrading.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

pirata nervo is offline Programmer -Hacks Titan

try reformat you ms and if the problem doesnt solve then downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade to 3.03 oe-c. :mrgreenthumbsup:
    Console Addicted - The news about your console, every day!
    Console Addicted Forums

pspkukawai is offline -Hacks Smarty

You guys have a lot more posts than me. But I really had a bad experiences w/ some "not good/fake" ms.
    The first one was indeed the nasty fake ms, second one is 4 GB Lexar.
    My "little" suggestion before you go to down/up it again. Try to use your other Genuine Sandisk/sony. then do that things. (to make sure that problems was not come from the ms)

LeeTGam3R is offline -Hacks Smarty

try this format ur ms then restore defult settings on ur psp and then try again

My Psp Firmware History 1.50>2.71>1.50>3.03OE-C>3.10OE-A semi brick>1.50>3.30OE-a>3.40OE-A-3.51M33>3.52M33-4 ^^ !!
    Suports : FC Barcelona

psphackr is offline -Hacks Ninja

It is a Sandisk. I tried defragmenting it but since it a 2gb memorystick and theres only about 150mb left it couldnt be completed. I just made a backup, reformated it, then copied the files back and now it works. I figured it just needed reformating because when files get fragmented it can really affect read speeds.

Xbox 360: iXtreme LT+; RRoD
    PSP: 6.35 PRO
    iPhone 3GS: iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

wierd i gotta 2gig sandisk that works alright. i'd try reformatting it but it could even be the mp3 sometimes i'll get that at the end of certain mp3s too but kinda rarely