Thread: MAME emulator

Changes is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm debating buying a GP2X console. The primary reason would be that MAME runs wonderfully on it; I find most of the old emulated games to be much more fun than a lot of modern console games, and I might actually want to play those on the move.
    However, I already have a PSP, and it'd be great if I could use the portable console I already have instead of getting another one... so: are there any MAME emulators for the PSP that run well (as opposed to only supporting two or three ROMs after the appropriate voodoo rituals are performed)?
    Thanks

usokz is offline -Hacks Neophyte

There is no MAME emulator worth writing home about...unfortunately...

I was looking at the GP2X console as well because of MAME working perfectly...

However...the PSP suffices in every other possible gaming emulator environment...

On a side note...I have pleaded to ZX-81 to get working on MAME...as he has pretty much brought every old school emulator to light! :mrgreenthumbsup:
    \"no blood...no sweat...no tears...and if I tell you that\'s the shit...then BITCH that\'s what it is!\"

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

isn't MAME just a multiple arcade machine emulator, I mean we have NEO -GE0 CPS-1, and CPS-2, NEO-GEO CD, what more do you really need =S Basically what you guys are asking for is just an emulator that packs all those emulators into one.
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!

Changes is offline -Hacks Newbie

Not all good games are NeoGeo or CPS2 games, you know... there are plenty of classics that won't work on the emulators you've mentioned.

Still, I'll be looking at the NeoGeo emulators for the PSP... might delay my purchase of the GP2X long enough that someone comes up with a decent MAME for the PSP. :p

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum
    isn't MAME just a multiple arcade machine emulator, I mean we have NEO -GE0 CPS-1, and CPS-2, NEO-GEO CD, what more do you really need =S Basically what you guys are asking for is just an emulator that packs all those emulators into one.
    CPS1 & 2 and neo geo games are only a SMALL FRACTION of the almost 4000 games MAME emulates. I would very much like to see mame on the psp. And it shouldnt be that hard since the source code is out there, all that is needed is to port it to psp, idk why no one has done that yet..

Olympiakos is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I would love to see a MAME emulator on PSP!!
    1st PSP History: Bought at 2.71-->1.50-->3.02 OE-A-->3.03 OE-C-->3.40 OE-A-->3.52 M33-->3.80 M33-5-->3.90M33
    2nd PSP History: Bought at 3.03 OE-C-->3.40 OE-A-->3.51 M33-->3.52 M33-->3.71 M33-3-->3.80 M33-5-->3.90M33
    www.hamomilia.com
    Welcome to The Garage of Broken Dreams and Shattered Souls