Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PSX games fullscreen without black bars?

Horst Feratu is offline -Hacks Smarty

Whenever I select "Normal" mode, there is a black stripe at the top and bottom of the screen. "Zoom" on the other hand cuts out parts of the picture. This happens with every NTSC and PAL game I tried. Is there any way to get real fullscreen?

Why did Sony make it like this? It shouldn't be too hard to fix.. or are the games purchased with the ps3 different?

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Horst Feratu
    Whenever I select "Normal" mode, there is a black stripe at the top and bottom of the screen. "Zoom" on the other hand cuts out parts of the picture. This happens with every NTSC and PAL game I tried. Is there any way to get real fullscreen?

Why did Sony make it like this? It shouldn't be too hard to fix.. or are the games purchased with the ps3 different?
    I always wondered about this myself :/

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

Astrotrain is offline -Hacks Smarty

Bugs me too :(

RPG Tony is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Just select "Fullscreen". Mine is always on this option.

PSP-1001: 1.50 OFW; PSP-2001 IS: 5.50 GEN-D3 w/ Prometheus 3 (Beta 2)
    PSP-3000 ZW (Jap LE Dissidia Bundle): 6.10 OFW
    PS3 80 GB (CECH E) @ 3.41 w/ PL3 - PSN ID: RPG_Tony

Astrotrain is offline -Hacks Smarty

But that makes it unnaturally stretched to fit the aspect ratio. What we're talking about here is wanting to keep the same dimensions, but fill up as much of the screen as possible.

NBNP is offline -Hacks Ninja

Having it streched, dosn't look that bad..... damn stop winging and be happy you can play PS1 games.

Once The Pandora Battery Came, Sony Should Of Just Packed Up And Went Home. WE WIN
    GO! Messenger: NBNP

yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by NBNP
    Having it streched, dosn't look that bad..... damn stop winging and be happy you can play PS1 games.
    i 2nd this. you have ps1 on your psp, and it probably even looks better than your tv. your tv is a square (when you had a ps1), and your psp is a rectangle. somewhere in between, you will have black bars. be thankful you have what you have, and fuck the rest

...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

Quote Originally Posted by RPG Tony
    Just select "Fullscreen". Mine is always on this option.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBNP
    Quote Originally Posted by yanquiuxo
    i 2nd this.. be thankful you have what you have, and fuck the rest
    How numb and blind are you guys? Ever noticed that Fullscreen also produces bars on top and bottom just like Normal, with the added bonus of looking extra crappy??

And yes, if i got my first meal after a week in a work camp in Sibiria i would "be thankful i have what i have". The PSP is an non life-essential luxury product though, so it makes sense to expect a certain quality, even more so if I see an annoying bug which is really unnecessary. Be happy with your low standards, i am not telling you to raise yours - you shouldn't try pulling others down to your level though.

Well back to discussion, i really can't think of any reasons or technical limitations why Sony made it like this. Or are there any? What do you think, is it possible to hack the firmware to display real fullscreen?

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

Dude your taking a square image and making it rectangle. Something has to go.

Dude nothing has to go but the sides should be black.

Look at sNes9x, even this homebrew app gets it right - with PAL and NTSC games, so I doubt it's some TV conversion issue. On the other hand the PSX supports different resolutions and the SNES doesn't (I think) but I don't think thats the cause of the problem..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast