Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any idea what the default FW of PSP in the stores are?

HyeVltg3 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm just wondering because i plan to buy my PSP and join all the PS1PSP player out there :P

Any idea what the FW will be if i buy it in the stores next week? like will it be 1.5 or 2.x? Just one more thing ( i want 3.03 OE-? because i plan to play PS1 games too) how exactly do i avoid the Fw upgrading? like is there a prompt where it will ask me to upgrade to the newest Fw when i turn it on for the first time? or is it purely Manuel? like the only way to upgrade is if you do it by hooking it to your PC. because i dont want to accidentally upgrade and not be able to downgrade T_T :P just in case. :P thanks in advance.

P.S.: please mind my noob-ness been waiting to have enuff $$ to get a PSP since it first came out :P its just the excitement that i'll finally be able got one :P

PSP v1.5[1st.Played>11/06/07]>v1.5 XD No D-Grading for me BABY! Brand spanking new! was Factory Sealed when it arrived.
    [TRADED]2nd PSP> bought--> v2.60...Now 3.40oe-a . 3rd PSP> v2.01>v2.80>cfw3.52m33-4
    MEM>4gbx2 and a 1gb stick[TRADED] lol. Now only have 2x4gigs
    Playing> DJ MAX 2, Traxxpad, FF8 and Legend of Dragoon <----XD brings back great memories.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

There are diffrent firmwares in diffrent stores. I found a 1.5 once, just looking at what they had. Also, I think you should get 3.40 OE-A because it has increased pops support for ps1 games. You can upgrade if you have wifi. You have to actually go to the network update section and do it, also there are many confirmation screens.

Scotch is offline -Hacks Guru

Indeed, now days it's pretty easy to avoid upgrading. Just don't click "Yes I do want to upgrade" on your PSP ever and you're set.

There are letter codes on the boxes in the stores, if the letter near the barcode says anything from A to N then it's 3.03 or below. Anything after that is 3.10 or higher I beleive.

I use 3.40 oe-a and it works so great with everything I use it for

3.40-oc-a= Wifi and ps1 games workable w/o devhook?

If i do get a v1.5 is that FTW! or it doesn't matter even if i get something in the v3.0x? and is there a secret to finding a v1.5? like in the barcode?
    PSP v1.5[1st.Played>11/06/07]>v1.5 XD No D-Grading for me BABY! Brand spanking new! was Factory Sealed when it arrived.
    [TRADED]2nd PSP> bought--> v2.60...Now 3.40oe-a . 3rd PSP> v2.01>v2.80>cfw3.52m33-4
    Playing> DJ MAX 2, Traxxpad, FF8 and Legend of Dragoon <----XD brings back great memories.

PwarSknightsP is offline -Hacks Member

Yes 3.40oe-a have ps1 and wifi without devhook.

You do want a v1.5 because you can just upgrade from v1.5 to any of the custom firmware. IF u do get v3.03, you will need to downgrade it to v1.5...So basically, if u get anything lower than v3.03 your good. Also here is how you determine the version by looking at the box
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-...007-28717.html

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Also, if you get anything from 2.81-3.03 then you will need a copy of the unpatched GTA: LCS

Rbman is offline -Hacks Smarty

I just went to a target by me and got a 2.6 Ta 82, just go to a store that no one really goes to and I'm sure their stock will be old enough to be a downgradable firmware

awww well the only stores i can check is my local Walmart and EBgames. :( i went to walmart to check what versions they had, they havin the $199CAD special :P (im Canadian) >_> no mo psp for meeee, clerk said they went to the back to check if they had more.. >_> ya rite... TT_TT i hopes EB has the special too :(

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

I've seen 2.71 and 2.80's at my local Walmart a month ago still.

sPiN87 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Letter -> Firmware

No letter: 1.5
    A: 1.5
    B: 1.51
    C: 1.52
    D: 1.52
    E: 1.52
    F: 2.0
    G: 2.01
    H: 2.50
    I: 2.60
    J: 2.70(unconfimed)
    K: 2.71
    L: 2.81

In value packs this is on the smaller box inside the big one..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast