Thread: About a handheld

jmendes is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I´ve got my psp about 4 months ago and it is my first handheld system. I´ve always been crazy about video games, owned 6 different sytems in my life and now i have the 7th and loving it. But curiously, i find myself using my psp a lot more for watching movies, mp3, snes and gba emulators and reading ebooks on the go. I´ve tried many psp games (GTA,Socom,MGS,NFS,Puzzle quest etc) but none of them really got my attention. I started to think that maybe these werent good games, but i came to te conclusion that they really are good games... to be played on a home console. I think id love to play those on a ps2, but they just dont go that well on a handheld. So i think that the psp is a great piece of hardware, but all that power might be faded into a bad concept. There´s a research that says the immersion factor of a game on a flat screen requires a minimum of a 60 degrees field of vision from eye to screen borders, anything less than 60 screws the immersion factor, and its impossible to achieve that on a handheld.
    The psp needs more 2D games than 3D ones, more casual games like the DS has, even if it seems a waste of hw power sometimes. NO MORE PS2 PORTS! Maybe that is why nintendo hasnt put much effort on the 3d hardware on the DS.
    OR... maybe im just getting too old for this :mrgreen:
    I´d like to know what u guys think about it...

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I think your right about the 3d part. a scrolling shooter would be good!

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by p0op
    I think your right about the 3d part. a scrolling shooter would be good!
    lol guess y i got my psp. no guess. really take a guess.

For snes emulator. Forget psp games just use it as a portable old school player. Besides we all know that they focus way to much on graphics now and days. I miss the good old days where games where made with a good store behind them. So just use the psp for a portable snes,nes,genesis,gameboy,gameboy advanced,psx,dreamcast(lol j/k),n64(hope to have this running at full speed sometime), mp3 play, movie player, ebook reader,etc.

but yeah i only bought the psp for homebrew not for the games they make for it. in fact i only own one psp game and that is gta lcs (unpatched) and i bought it before all the exploits it was used for.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

badthingshappen is offline -Hacks Guru

For anything came along. :mrgreenthumbsup:

HyeVltg3 is offline -Hacks Smarty

thats sort of the reverse with me, i own 4 consoles (Snes, DC and Ps2 and ps1) and i think its cause i got a bro and my consoles are hooked to the tv he uses so i was always wishing for another way to play games w/o a tv so portables were my solutions so i've owned a gba and now soon-to-be my new PSP :P XD
    PSP v1.5[1st.Played>11/06/07]>v1.5 XD No D-Grading for me BABY! Brand spanking new! was Factory Sealed when it arrived.
    [TRADED]2nd PSP> bought--> v2.60...Now 3.40oe-a . 3rd PSP> v2.01>v2.80>cfw3.52m33-4
    MEM>4gbx2 and a 1gb stick[TRADED] lol. Now only have 2x4gigs
    Playing> DJ MAX 2, Traxxpad, FF8 and Legend of Dragoon <----XD brings back great memories.