Thread: "PSP Redesign? No announcement yet, says Sony."

Searingflesh is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Copypasta from GamePro.

Rumors of a PSP redesign have recently been gaining momentum across the internet, what with the considerable increase in both analyst speculation and rumors from "inside sources". Some sites have brought up the possibility that the next PSP model can also be used as a cell phone, while others contend that the next machine would come equipped with a more efficient LED screen and flash memory.

In spite (or perhaps because) of this recent upswell in unconfirmed hearsay, a representative of Sony Computer Entertainment America has recently taken the time to squash the rumors where they stand. In a post yesterday on SCEA's brand new PlayStation.blog, senior marketing manager John Koller recently denounced the whole of these reports as being completely unfounded.

"The rumor mill is flowing about new PSP hardware and a PSP phone, and I just wanted to take the time to clear the air," he writes. "We haven't announced anything about a new PSP, much less one that would have any phone capabilities. As SCEA's resident PSP guru, I'm thrilled to hear that there's so much interest in the platform, but sorry folks, these reports floating around fall into the rumors/speculation category."
    http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=116868

MotherBoard is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Old PSP FTW, I don't think they need to redesign it, possibly just add more games and accessories. And the psp has way too many sequel games. They should just try to make unhackable PSP which I doubt will happen because you can hack everything!
    ( +|__|:: )

PwarSknightsP is offline -Hacks Member

man, Sony seems to be acting up lately, with http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=94735 then http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=94641 ...I just don't believe Sony and their denial of the new psp. I bet some prototype of a new psp is in the works.

a'fiy is offline -Hacks Guru

their firmware gonna be unhackable
    Cintro Download

::[Mr Nice Guy a.k.a Hafiy ::]

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

SONY is up to something, and we all know what it is, destory the homebrew scene every and anything they do to the psp is to destroy homebrew
    been gone awhile

Robert is offline -Hacks God

If they make a new psp, it will be tougher/impossible to hack.

chipx is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

if it uses the same hardware all of the current homebrew should work on it...with the help of a modchip of course :sigh:

XboXLiVE: luukee

VuZuW is offline -Hacks Guru

A modchip in a smaller PSP? The modchip barely fitted in the Original PSP, how is it gonna fit in a smaller one?