Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why don't Game Companies live up to UMD's standards in storage?

Dabx is offline -Hacks Newbie

I mean a UMD can hold up to 1.8 gb, and when I download ISOs I see their size to be 1 gb or less. How they expect people to shell out $40-50$ for a game that they don't even put effort on.

Robert is offline -Hacks God

Why is this in HELP? Anyway, think of it this way, if it were any bigger you couldn't fit as many ISOs on your stick.;)

p0op is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Why is this in HELP?
    Holy shit, in the past week i've seen your post count go from 20 to what it is now

-Spammer-

:rolleyes:

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Why should you use all the space? It's easy to take up space, you know. It's a lot harder to take less.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah bust a move deluxe is 38 MBs and it costs $45 dollars new, wow the thing almost fits in the regular 32MB memory stick sony gave the first people that bought the psp
    been gone awhile

Demonos is offline -Hacks Smarty

I'm more interested in games lasting longer. Games like God of War are awesome, but you can beat them in 6 hours. Back when I was a wee lad, my first run of Final Fantasy 7 took 83 hours. Second run was somewhere over 100 after doing all the chocobo breeding and such. Theres a lot of games nowadays that are just a lot shorter than they used to be. Every Extend Extra is a great game, but theres like 8 stages. With a 1.8gig limit, you'd think they'd put like 20 modes of play into some of these games and several stages. Same goes for fighters. Theres plenty that have like Arcade and Vs. Marvel vs Capcom comes to mind. Tons of characters, but only 3 modes of play. I know, this guy is talking about storage space, but it all relates to developers not putting as much into a game as they could. Perhaps their companies just want the game out faster. Perhaps someone on the food chain just doesnt care cuz they know they're gonna make the big bucks anyways. I try not to blame the actual developers though. I know they usually have a huge vision for their game, but when it falls short its not really their fault. Someone is always pulling their strings.

Mister Eff is offline Gone fishin -Hacks God

Quote Originally Posted by almost
    yeah bust a move deluxe is 38 MBs and it costs $45 dollars new, wow the thing almost fits in the regular 32MB memory stick sony gave the first people that bought the psp
    Sony doesn't give those anymore? I still have mine with the old snes emulator on it.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eff
    Quote Originally Posted by almost
    Sony doesn't give those anymore? I still have mine with the old snes emulator on it.
    nope those things are damn near extinct, i shelled out $250 dollars for the PSP when it first came out and all i got was a crappy 32MB and a stupid sample disc that didnt have a single demo, and then like about a year or two later , sony throws the psp at $170 with a 1GB memory stick and a game and a umd movie, way to go sony!
    been gone awhile

Snap_X is offline -Hacks Smarty

That happened to me as well all my friends laughed at me.... But then i showed them all the "cool eloder homebrew" they missed out on when they upgraded and they were like OMG.

Hehe noobs....

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

I think he means, that we are paying lots of money for a UMD that holds 1.6GB. when they use well that half of that!
    But we don't pay for the games so..

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast