Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Super battery found?

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

some of u might have already seen this but is this legit?
    it sure as hell looks real
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cR4xzl5Ppq8

been gone awhile

dennisrr is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Who knows man, it's in China so anything possible.

crackseedkila is offline -Hacks Neophyte

that thing looks legit! i want it! :)
    PSP originaly 1.5>2.0>2.6>DOWNGRADED>1.5-Devhook2.71>dormant for a year>3.00>3.03_OE>Dormant...>3.10>3.40_OE!!!

FiReStOrM is offline -Hacks Newbie

how ca a battery have anything to do with downgrading? and we dont know what is on the mem stick

wetdirtmud is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by FiReStOrM
    how ca a battery have anything to do with downgrading? and we dont know what is on the mem stick
    Exactly - anyone with some information of basic electronics will be able to tell you that the battery does nothing other than supply power to the unit, and has no link to any kind of memory functions on the PSP. the memory stick is probably whats doing it all. If I had to guess it's just some program those crazy Asians wrote that automatically loads some downgrading software.

almost is offline -Hacks Guru

well this battery does something, but it is removed immediatly after the screen turns on

EDIT: not only that, he didnt load anything from the XMB, so yeah it couldve been the mem stick, but how with no way to load anything
    been gone awhile

spacepig101 is offline -Hacks Guru

FAKE and here is y I say it is.
    A)Looks like it is brand new in the box right? Well when you first turn on a new psp it goes to the settings to let you set up all the settings. That went right to the xmb. So why go through the trouble of making it look like it is new right from the box unless it is a fake?
    B) They are holding the L button when turning it on the second time. Makes me think that they have a homebrew launcher the loads on startup if L is held. I remember there was a program to do this I just cant remember what it was called.

Now it may be real but that is why I think it is fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetdirtmud
    Quote Originally Posted by FiReStOrM
    Exactly - anyone with some information of basic electronics will be able to tell you that the battery does nothing other than supply power to the unit, and has no link to any kind of memory functions on the PSP. the memory stick is probably whats doing it all. If I had to guess it's just some program those crazy Asians wrote that automatically loads some downgrading software.
    as for you two the special battery is suppost to load an ipl from it so that it bypasses the flash and loads from the memory stick. As for basic electronics you should realize that batterys have a positive and a negative. That is 2 contact points. Look in your psp. At where the battery connects there is 3 contact points. So in other word a positive and negative for powering the psp and something to transmit data maybe.

Click here

# of noob that delete thier flash0 and wonder y they brick (start on 5/29/07): 2

killahcheese is offline -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by spacepig101
    FAKE and here is y I say it is.
    A)Looks like it is brand new in the box right? Well when you first turn on a new psp it goes to the settings to let you set up all the settings. That went right to the xmb.
    you hit the bullseye.

You win. Congrats.

wetdirtmud is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by spacepig101
    as for you two the special battery is suppost to load an ipl from it so that it bypasses the flash and loads from the memory stick. As for basic electronics you should realize that batterys have a positive and a negative. That is 2 contact points. Look in your psp. At where the battery connects there is 3 contact points. So in other word a positive and negative for powering the psp and something to transmit data maybe.
    Again - if you don't know shit about basic electronics don't pretend to, you'll just end up making an ass out of yourself. What a ridiculous theory - the third prong would not be able to transmit any data. If you know anything about the motherboard schematics you can see there's no relation to flash itself. It would take some ridiculous modifications to be able to do this - putting some kind of software onto a battery - I mean.. come on.. Sure some of these people are smart but.. not that smart and I'll be damned if this is anywhere near possible.

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

I touched it!!!!

Not really, I think it's fake I only think there is one.

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast