Thread: not to be a noob but

heavens gate is offline -Hacks Neophyte

is there any risk to me updating from v.1.50 to v.3.40 OE?

any risks like not able to use my roms and bricking?

anything i may need to know before i update it?

Vaughan14 is offline -Hacks Guru

Everything will be fine, unless whilst flashing your battery and power cable come out.

Dark Scribble Theme One year Anniversary!
    I am Retired, see me at www.nintendo-hacks.com

Los
    Los is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Firmware 1.50
    allows us to take advantage of homebrew. Homebrew are applications designed to run on the PSP straight from the memory stick. There are many different types of homebrew ranging from emulators to everyday applications. All of these help to make the PSP an all round portable multimedia device. So what exactly does this mean? This means you can run other console games on your PSP as well as things like calendars, media organizers, WiFi tools, and lots of other nifty applications. Some of which can even help to customize the way your PSP looks! It is also possible to rip and compress UMD games to fit on your memory card so you no longer have to carry all your UMD discs with you. Firmware 1.50 is a great firmware but it has it's limitations. One of which is that you cannot play most of the newer UMD games. A lot of games require you to update to a later firmware in order to play them. There are also different fixes and additions in the later Sony firmwares that are very useful that 1.50 does not take advantage of.

3.XXOE
    allows you to have the abilities of both those firmwares without the cons. So you are able to use the homebrew and the UMD rips as well as play the latest UMD games without having to update to Sony’s official 3.XX. Also, with 3.XXOE you can rip your PSX games and run them on your PSP without having to spend all that money on a PS3. There is also a recover menu embedded into the OE firmwares allowing you to recover from a brick. So if something goes wrong you merely place your RECOVERY folder in your ms0:/PSP/GAME/ folder and run the recovery from the recovery console and you’ll be back at 1.50.

Flashing themes can brick your PSP if you're not careful

Xbox Live Gamertag & Playstation Network ID: Los255

heavens gate is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan14
    Everything will be fine, unless whilst flashing your battery and power cable come out.

well ok then ill do it